L.L.Bean Winter Walker

This is my first pair of snowshoes and I'll have to…

Summary

This is my first pair of snowshoes and I'll have to say I'm impressed with the quality and ease of adjustment these snowshoes have.

Pros

• Seemingly great quality
  • Ease of adjustment
  • Good design

Cons

• So far, none

I bought these snowshoes three years ago and have had a blast with them, both in the woods and open fields. So easy to just step in, tighten, and away I go. The built-in crampons mean ice (which I've used these on) is no problem whatsoever.

I'd recommend these to anyone. There may be better out there, but for entry level and price these are tough to beat.

I just got the L.L Bean Winter Walker 16 snowshoes…

I just got the L.L Bean Winter Walker 16 snowshoes for my 2-year-old son. I must say I am very impressed with the make, binding setup and size.

The binding setup lets you adjust it to three different setting. My son is in a size 7 boot and the smallest setting fits perfect.

The size of the snowshoe is smaller then most other kids snowshoes but still will hold up to 60lb.The smaller size was great for my son was able to walk in them with little change in his stance.

If you are looking for a snowshoe to start a young kid in winter walks this is the best one I have found.

Visit L.L.Bean's Winter Walker page.

Our most affordable snowshoes are easy to put on, so you can walk your favorite trails all winter long. Aluminum frames feature a rockered shape that allows a more natural stride and reduces impact on your joints. Aluminum crampons bite into ice and crusty snow for traction on slippery terrain. Improved bindings have a unique heel strap that securely centers your foot over the snowshoe for superior stability and easy on/off. Binding toe offers 270Arotation for a smooth stride that won't fling snow up your back. Strong 6000-grade anodized-aluminum frame. Rugged decking material is abrasion and puncture resistant. 25" model approx. 4 lb. 2 oz. per pair. Imported. 21" Carries 80 to 150 lb. 25" Carries 120 to 200 lb. 30" Carries 170 to 250 lb.

- L.L.Bean refers to the women's version

L.L.Bean Winter Walker

The L.L.Bean Winter Walker is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 8, 2014 at L.L.Bean.

If you're looking for a new recreational snowshoe, check out the best reviewed current models.