La Sportiva Barracuda

Ok, right out of the box, they performed great! If…

Use: trad, sport and bouldering

Ok, right out of the box, they performed great! If you fit these well, they fit like a glove. Light weight, really nice toe pointing, rubber sticks very well, edge on a dime and pull it too, good purchase on overhangs, nice heel hooking on extremes.

I've been climbing in Boreal Lasers (the first ones) and 5.10 Moccasyms for 15 years and the Sportiva Barracuda is just as good for all around high performance climbing. and for bouldering they can handle v-9 and more...but is that really the shoe (Well, I guess, a little, lol).

Watch the sizing. I'm 42.5, 43 and had to take a 40 for a perfect fit. Happy Climbing.

I just started using this shoe and right away I liked…

Materials: leather
Use: all kinds of climbs
Break-in Period: one or two uses

I just started using this shoe and right away I liked it. I rated as high as the Katana, although this one is a lace up, and has rubber on the top to jam better in cracks. It is very technical, great edging, so can be used both in cracks and face climbs. Out of the 7 pair of shoes that I own, this one is on the top two.

I've recently started climbing - both bouldering and…

I've recently started climbing - both bouldering and traditional climbs in Colorado. I have to tell you, the Barracuda is great. It is an amazing fit due to the lace pattern and the rubber mesh over the toe-box.

La Sportiva Barracuda

The Barracuda has been discontinued.

The La Sportiva Barracuda is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new climbing shoe, check out the best reviewed current models.