La Sportiva Batura

Dear Pals, Many thanks, I'm happy to be on this FORUM!

Price Paid: 420 USD

Dear Pals,

Many thanks, I'm happy to be on this FORUM!

I have NEW La Sportiva BATURA and I'm scared for my boots just because last information for RIRI zippers on Batura model.

Maybe they can be damaged by wrong walking with crampons, but I really DO NOT KNOW what exactly happened to Labinot on Shara Mountain, Rep. de Macedonia, just because I see last year one BATURA at my friend Bobi in Bulgaria that he have to repair zipper on one boot but the zipper looks just fine.

Dear FRIENDS please be kind to give me any , just any information that will give me more information or to sell my new Batura very soon.

Best Regard and All The Best

metalica (nickname)

I have used these shoes too short to give a decent…

Price Paid: € 420

I have used these shoes too short to give a decent review. But I don’t want you to withhold what I have experienced so far.

No real break in time form me.

Rock climbing is for me possible/doable up to 5.10. The contact with the rock is accurate. The sole/rubber is for a big boot narrow, that’s why. Strange enough the toe box is quite wide. So no cold toes. Ice and mixed up to M5 went okay. No movement in the heel part. Used them with Simond Makalu and Grivel Rambo 4. Both fit and work fine.

Once they are wet, they dry slowly. Really slow!

How do they get wet?

Sweat from the inside and . . . from the outside.
The first fact is easy to eliminate use an aluminum derivate deodorant on your feet every day for a week before you climb. So no sweat, nice and warm feet.

On the approach in Scotland I stepped in a snow covered creek up to the ankle. I thought (past time) nice! this high gaiter keeps the water out. The gaiter does but the zipper leeks. So your safety margin is rather small compared to a ‘classic’ boot. The zipper starts low, see picture. Think also of wet snow.

To say it indiscriminate: People who tell you that this is an ideal winter boot for the lower ranges, like Scotland, don’t know what they are talking about.
Is the shoe to blame? No. Once high or cold enough they work perfect.

The outside is sturdy so far. No visible scratches or crampon holes :-).

Then the weight … are they so light weight as promised? Not on my scale. My Scarpa Cumbre’s weigh the same on my scale (same size). The Cumbre is supposed to be heavier. I cannot tell which one is warmer. There is a difference in warmth, but I didn’t notice it until now.

Would I recommend the shoe? Yes, and I would also say that there are also other very good shoes out there as stable as these.

Batura is a perfect boot, i have never believe that…

Price Paid: 370 euro

Batura is a perfect boot, i have never believe that ever i will have almost ideal boot. of course it is a waterproof, is warm how much you need, is too light, is too beautiful.

i have never believe that a gaiter like this can do a job of a gaiter but it work perfect. so everything is good, except RIRI ZIP, that zip is the WORST thing that is made of LA SPORTIVA. actually is not made of La Sportiva, is Riri, but unfortunately the La Sportiva have believe to RIRI.

i have used my Batura just 5 times. at last time i have climbed a 2500m peak and wen i saw in evening that the part of ZIP is destroyed i became too sad, and I admonish the climbers who want to buy batura, please wait till La Sportiva change the ZIP partner.

Named after the forbidden peak in Pakistan, the Batura boot from La Sportiva is for high-elevation alpinism and north face approaches with ice-climbing. It provides exceptional lightweight warmth, and an integrated water-resistant gaiter with asymmetrical zipper offers a streamlined, lightweight fit.

- Mountain Gear

On Sale. Free Shipping. La Sportiva Batura Boot (Fall 2010) FEATURES of the Batura Boot by La Sportiva Six layer synthetic inner boot provides exceptional lightweight warmth Integrated highly water resistant gaiter with an asymmetrical zipper for a perfect fit Impact Brake System outsole for superior traction and cushioning Weight: 34.67 oz / 983 g Gaiter: Elastic Cordura / Schoeller Dynamic with water repellant membrane / Vibram rubber rand / Elastic Nylon with impermeable insulating layer Upper: High tenacity Nylon / Insulated anti-dragging felt / Insulated PE / Insulating aluminum layer Constructions: Board Lasted Last: Nepal Lining: Polyamide Thermic layer / Mesh Insole: Insulating Ibi-Thermo 9mm Midsole: 8-9mm TPU / PU inserts / SBR Aircushion Sole: Vibram with Impact Brake System This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

New technical boot for winter alpinism ideal for every type of climbing: ice, mixed, classical mountaineering, ice excursionism. Thanks to its six layer insulating structure, it guarantees excellent heat retention which has been tested even in extreme conditions on Himalayan summits, even if an internal shoe is not used as part of the structure. The watertight gaiter with transversal closure wraps around the foot to ensure the creation of an extra barrier against the cold. It distinguishes itself for its light weight being less than 1000 grams and is not bulky. Underfoot: insulating IBI-Thermo. New exclusive sole with the innovative technology Impact Brake System which absorbs impact, helps during traction and holds back whilst braking. Ideal for mountain guides and for working outdoors during the winter season. Gaiter:Elastic, breathable and water-repellent Cordura in the upper part. Schoeller Dynamic with a waterrepellent membrane i

- River Sports Outfitters

Tie on and zip up the La Sportiva? Batura, it's ultimate mountain boot for high elevation alpinism, winter mountaineering and ice climbing. A great boot for high-elevation alpinism, winter mountaineering, and ice climbing. Internal lacing system with double tension allows for a highly adjustable fit. Integrated gaiter provides warmth, abrasion resistance, and waterproofness. 7 mm nylon midsole is carbon reinforced for lightweight performance. Upper: high-tenacity nylon, insulated antidragging felt, insulated polyethylene, insulating aluminum. Lining: polyamide thermic layer and mesh. Midsole: 8-9 mm TPU/PU inserts/SBR Air Cushion antishock cushion. Variable TPU midsole thickness suitable for crampons in the front/back. Vibram rubber outsole for durability and traction. Impact Brake System sole with SBR antishock Air Cushion for traction/cushioning. Six-layer synthetic inner boot provides exceptional lightweight warmth. Board-lasted construction based on a Nepal last. Compatible with all mountaineering crampons.

- EMS

La Sportiva Batura

The Batura has been discontinued.

The La Sportiva Batura is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new mountaineering boot, check out the best reviewed current models.