La Sportiva Boulder

Great so long as you never intend to actually use…

Materials: Leather, rubber
Use: Big wall aid climbs
Break-in Period: little--1 day

Great so long as you never intend to actually use them. I had a pair, tested them on some local crags and managed to climb up to French 6a no probs (and I don't do a lot better with full rock shoes on), and then headed off to some big walls, which I imagine is what they were designed for. Two hours into use the toes opened up, and two days later they were held together with Duck Tape. My partner's 5-year-old Vans Skateboard shoes faired much better. Only good news was that La Sportiva made no argument and gave me a full refund. I got the impression I was not the first to complain.

P.S. I also saw maybe five others in the camp trying to repair theirs as well....i.e. it is not that I had a bad sample.

Good luck.

If you've owned or used a La Sportiva Boulder, please share your experience.

La Sportiva Boulder

The Boulder has been discontinued.

The La Sportiva Boulder is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new approach shoe, check out the best reviewed current models.