By far the best boot I have ever had the pleasure…

Summary

By far the best boot I have ever had the pleasure of walking in...and I have put in a lot of mileage.

Pros

• Nice support for a mid high boot
  • Comfort
  • Color
  • No break-in time...zero!

Cons

• Round shoestrings

I am a very picky when it comes to my boots. These were an instant fit and felt as if I'd owned forever and finally got broken in. They didn't have a bulky tongue that normally would cut off the circulation of my foot.

In the past I'd have to tie my full height boots super tight to gain the support I need on rough rock trails, which made my feet feel bulky and sweaty. These boots give me incredible ankle support I need on all terrains with a fraction of the weight height of my other boots. I never got a blister after long hikes, but I do take extra care, stopping and airing my feet every five miles or so.

I have a somewhat wider than normal foot and high arches. Just as a precautionary measure I did exchange insoles for more cushion and higher ache support. I cannot attest to long thru hikes using the standard insoles, but what little hiking I did prior to exchanging insoles was just fine. No complaints.

I bought a half size bigger knowing after long long hikes my feet would swell. Regardless of the changes in my feet, the boots never felt constricting nor too loose. When I put them on after all those miles my boots still feel good on my feet and always make me smile.

I am very rough on all my gear and have high expectations when I spend a lot if money on something and these boots were a very very good purchase...worth every penny and more.

Thanks for the review of your La Sportivas, Jennifer. About how many miles do you think you've hiked in yours?

Jennifer Thompson

Well it was 578 miles while in Spain and added probably roughly another 100. So a total of

Jennifer Thompson

Sorry. I wasn't finished. 700 miles total. They are still my go-to shoes when my legs or feet are in pain. As soon as I slip them on its like putting on your favorite pain of jeans...all the curves and creases know my feet and make my pain melt away. It sounds weird but it's true. I love these boots.

1 year ago

Sounds great, Jennifer! I bet your trek in Spain was amazing.

Jennifer Thompson

Indescribable and profound. And truly magical!!