La Sportiva Katana

I don't recommend going small in size! Great shoe,…

Summary

I don't recommend going small in size!

Pros

• Heel cup is oddly large

Cons

• Very responsive

Great shoe, but I wanted to let people know that my personal experience with these is to NOT go smaller!!! I bought a 39.5 originally and had to get a 40.5, my actual street shoe size! (I am actually an 8.5 or 9!)

I spent an afternoon climbing in the 39.5's two days ago and my feet STILL hurt! My big toe joints all the way up my foot were in pain, and some old nerve pain from an old Morton's Neuroma is all fired up and hasn't been in ages!

So I just wanted to pass this info along to folks who are boggled about what size to get. Now that I have the 40.5's I feel I can actually wear them without taking them off between every single climb! :)

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Katana versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 6 reviews for other versions of the Katana. Read all reviews »

Visit La Sportiva's Katana page.

Free Shipping. La Sportiva Women's Katana Shoe FEATURES of the La Sportiva Women's Katana Shoe Highly adjustable opposing hook and loop closure for a precise fit Lorica toe box for optimum edging power Slingshot rand connected to the power hinge under the arch to control stretch SPECIFICATIONS of the La Sportiva Women's Katana Shoe Weight: 7.87 oz / 223 g Upper: Lorica/ Leather Lining: Pacific (forefoot)/ Dentex (back) Midsole: 1.1mm full-length LaspoFlex Sole: 4mm Vibram XS Grip2 Construction: Slip Lasted Last: WPD 55 This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

Lined with Pacific in the forefoot for toe knuckle comfort and Dentex in the back for moisture management, the women's Katana sports a Lorica? toe-box to help keep the shape of the toe box and provide power while edging. The slingshot rand is connected to the powerhinge for excellent edging prowess and the opposing hook and loop closure straps provide opposing tension for a great fit. IDEAL TERRAIN: moderately overhanging sport routes, face climbing, gym climbing, crack climbing

- RockCreek

La Sportiva's Katana climbing shoe is a performance hook and loop closure shoe for every type of climbing.

- CampSaver.com

Strap down the La Sportiva Katana and look up, not down, as this shoe will edge and smear its way up sport routes, boulder moves, gym climbing, even crack climbing. This high performance, yet highly comfortable shoe is praised for its ability to mold to your feet and ability to pull of delicate moves. Highly adjustable opposing hookand loop closure system for a snug fit and easy exit Lorica(R) toebox for edging power Singshot rand connected to the Powerhinge under the arch to control stretch Slip lasted construction 4 mm Vibram(R) XS Grip2(TM) Women's specific WPD 55 last offers a technical fit with medium asymmetry and a neutral downturn Great for low to mid volume feet

- OMCgear