La Sportiva Katana

I don't recommend going small in size! Great shoe,…

Summary

I don't recommend going small in size!

Pros

• Heel cup is oddly large

Cons

• Very responsive

Great shoe, but I wanted to let people know that my personal experience with these is to NOT go smaller!!! I bought a 39.5 originally and had to get a 40.5, my actual street shoe size! (I am actually an 8.5 or 9!)

I spent an afternoon climbing in the 39.5's two days ago and my feet STILL hurt! My big toe joints all the way up my foot were in pain, and some old nerve pain from an old Morton's Neuroma is all fired up and hasn't been in ages!

So I just wanted to pass this info along to folks who are boggled about what size to get. Now that I have the 40.5's I feel I can actually wear them without taking them off between every single climb! :)

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Katana versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 6 reviews for other versions of the Katana. Read all reviews »

Visit La Sportiva's Katana page.

La Sportiva's Katana climbing shoe is a performance hook and loop closure shoe for every type of climbing.

- CampSaver.com

Strap down the La Sportiva Katana and look up, not down, as this shoe will edge and smear its way up sport routes, boulder moves, gym climbing, even crack climbing. This high performance, yet highly comfortable shoe is praised for its ability to mold to your feet and ability to pull of delicate moves. Highly adjustable opposing hookand loop closure system for a snug fit and easy exit Lorica(R) toebox for edging power Singshot rand connected to the Powerhinge under the arch to control stretch Slip lasted construction 4 mm Vibram(R) XS Grip2(TM) Women's specific WPD 55 last offers a technical fit with medium asymmetry and a neutral downturn Great for low to mid volume feet

- OMCgear

Strap on the opposing hook-and-loop closure of the La Sportiva Women's Katana Rock Climbing Shoe and name your next vertical rock victim. This synthetic-lined shoe keeps its shape and wicks sweat as you use the 4mm Vibram XS Grip2 outsole to stick to the wall like a lady-ninja poised for your next attack up the rock. A slingshot rand directs power to the Katana's forefoot for controlled edging, smearing, and camming, while the water-resistant leather and Lorica upper keeps its original shape and holds up to your anything goes climbing style.

Lined with Pacific in the forefoot for toe knuckle comfort and Dentex in the back for moisture management the Katana sports a Lorica toebox to help keep the shape of the toe box and provide power while edging The slingshot rand is connected to the powerhinge for excellent edging prowess and the opposing hook and loop closure straps provide opposing tension for a great fitIDEAL TERRAIN moderately overhanging sport routes face climbing gym climbing crack climbingWEIGHT 787 oz 223 gLAST Womens PD 55FIT Tech w MediumHigh AsymmetryUPPER Lorica LeatherLINING Pacific forefoot Dentex backMIDSOLE 11mm fulllength LaspoFlexSOLE 4mm Vibram XS Grip2

- Bentgate.com