La Sportiva Lhotse

Great boots! Perfect for any serious climber. These…

Materials: Leather, Gore-Tex, Duratherm
Use: Mountaineering
Break-in Period: Very short, almost ready to go off the shelf.
Weight: LaSportiva says 4.6 lbs, I think my sz. 12's are a little heavier.

Great boots! Perfect for any serious climber. These boots are very versatile. Although, designed for winter mountaineering, they have become my year round climbing boots. I don't spend a lot of time on vert ice, so I can't speak to their performance there. I do however, do a lot of moderately mixed terrain, couloir accents, snow traverses, etc. I have Black Diamond Sabertooth step-in crampons which work seamlessly with the Lhotses.

I do have narrow feet, and have heard other climber mention that they thought the Lhotse was to narrow for their foot. They fit me like a glove, and they are as comfortable as an old pair of Nikes. Highly recommended.

Very good boot precise ice climbing. Precise fit and…

Materials: Gore-Tex
Use: Technical Ice Climbing
Break-in Period: 3-4 weeks of regular use
Weight: 6 lbs.

Very good boot precise ice climbing. Precise fit and feel allow for precise handling on all surfaces. The center section of the boot sometimes feels a litte too tight but this may be unique to my feet. Also the boot is VERY stiff but this is the trade off for precise handling and control. It's almost like an extension of your foot.

If you've owned or used a La Sportiva Lhotse, please share your experience.