La Sportiva Olympus Mons

My experience with this boot is as a mountaineering…

Use: High altitude expeditions
Break-in Period: None

My experience with this boot is as a mountaineering ranger on Denali. I have gone through two pairs of Olympus Mons boots in three climbing seasons. The zippers have a tendency to come apart and both pairs had problems with the soles separating.

Unfortunately these problems didn't present themselves until their second expeditions respectively (approximately 25 days each) which meant the boots were older than one year. La Sportiva has the worst customer service I have ever encountered, and if the boot is older than one year they will not entertain any idea of repair or replacement.

The boots cost too much for the problems that arise. This issue, coupled with the poor customer service, has compelled me to return to my tried and trusted Invernos: just as warm with overboots and not too much heavier. If you have to have this boot pay particular attention to the zippers and exercise caution attaching step-in crampons.

La Sportiva Olympus Mons

The Olympus Mons has been discontinued.

The La Sportiva Olympus Mons is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 16, 2007 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new mountaineering boot, check out the best reviewed current models.