La Sportiva Tarantula

These are only the second pair of climbing shoes I…

These are only the second pair of climbing shoes I have owned, the first were a pair of rental cast-offs.

It seems like most climbing shoes have this super deep heel cup that my foot doesn't fit into. These fit my heel very well.

I have been climbing on these shoes for three months.

I have pretty poor technique, so the extra thick rubber sole suits my climbing style well and should last me a while. I am told that when I get better I will want a more sensitive sole.

They edge well and I have climbed slabs with them, too, but because I fitted them tight for edging, they are only okay for slab climbing. I think that if I bought a half size larger they would smear better.

I like the Velcro closure. I feel like it is easier to adjust them throughout the day as comfort dictates.

Fit is a function of how tight you buy them. Tighter shoes work better for edging but the tradeoff is that they aren't fun to walk in. These aren't walking shoes.

These are entry shoes that are great for punters like me. Good grip, and good all-around usability. I am 200 lbs plus some, and they are stiff enough to grip the rock well for me.

Visit La Sportiva's Tarantula page.

Free Shipping. La Sportiva Tarantula Shoe FEATURES of the La Sportiva Tarantula Shoe Comfortable unlined leather upper provides all day comfort Long lasting sticky FriXion rubber sticks to plastic and rock equally as well Multi-position closure system adapts to various foot types Asymmetrical shape helps beginning climbers push the grades at a faster pace SPECIFICATIONS of the La Sportiva Tarantula Shoe Weight: 10.23 oz / 290 g Upper: Leather Lining: Unlined Midsole: 1.8 mm LaspoFlex Sole: 5mm FriXion RS Construction: Slip Lasted Last: RL 45 This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

The La Sportiva Tarantula is a great beginner climbing shoe that has the performance to keep up with you as you improve. The unique, highly adjustable Velcro closure system has more fine-tuning for your foot than other rip-and-stick climbing shoes. Velcro makes it quick and easy to get in and out of these shoes. Unlined leather stretches to conform to your feet for a custom fit (size down to accommodate stretching). Great for men or women, when looking at sizes in the drop down menu, add one to the US sizing for women's sizing. Designed for all-day comfort so you can concentrate on the climbing, not pain in your feet!. Round shape and higher volume for added comfort. FriXion RS rubber blends incredible grip and great durability, perfect indoors or out, and thicker soles give these shoes longer life. Whether you're just starting out rock climbing, you're looking for a value gym shoe, or a comfortable velcro shoe, the La Sportiva Tarantula will surpass your expectations. Weight: 10.23 oz (290 g). Materials: Leather. Last: RL45. Fit: Comfort fit with low asymmetry. Midsole: 1.8 mm LaspoFlex. Sole: 5mm FriXion RS. Color: Kiwi/Grey

- Tahoe Mountain Sports

Excellent all around hook and loop closure entry-level shoe The La Sportiva Tarantula excels at gym climbing, cragging and is slightly more aggressive than the traditional beginner shoe. PRODUCT FEATURES: Comfortable unlined leather upper provides all day comfort Long lasting sticky FriXion rubber sticks to plastic and rock equally as well Infinitely adjustable closure system adapts to various foot types Asymmetrical shape helps beginning climbers push the grades at a faster pace More Details: While the thought of a creeping tarantula isn't to everyone's taste, there is no denying that these critters have an uncanny ability to make their way up vertical faces with no apparent effort. These climbing shoes won't let you walk up walls but they will help you develop a tarantula-like ability to make your way from A to B, even if B is a long way up. They've got the support that beginner feet need but are also clearly aimed at improvement. A great first or second pair of shoes.

- Appalachian Outdoors

This comfortable shoe from La Sportiva is easy to use and easy to get on and off in a flash. The unlined upper is excellent for moisture management and super comfortable on your foot all day. The shape is round and higher volume for the climber not looking to mangle their feet yet aggressive enough to perform when needed. The highly adjustable closure system adapts to multiple foot types and shapes, making the Tarantula an excellent all around climbing shoe for entry level climbers.

- CampSaver.com