La Sportiva Trango Extreme Evo Light GTX

Excellent boots, light and strong for anyone! Hi Pals!

Price Paid: 275Euros

Summary

Excellent boots, light and strong for anyone!

Pros

• In any wue

Cons

• Temperature below -15 Celsius

Hi Pals!

These are one of the best and light mountain climbing shoes, perfect movement on rock or even deep powder snow only with Millet Alpine Gaiters.

You can just easy jump from slope to slope downhill with or without 12-14 toe crampons.

In very cold when temperature is below minus 14°Celsius you must wear foot warmers!

Perfect for mixed climbing as being light and perfect…

Summary

Perfect for mixed climbing as being light and perfect fit. Warm and completely waterproof.

Pros

• Perfect as the product description says
  • Most of all, it is light.

Cons

• Nothing

As described in their website, it was perfect regular fit with a little room. So, I did NOT customize lacing. It is so comfortable that I could use it out of box to the trail.

The firm sole did support my steps over mixed cliff in Mt. Whitney. At the same, I could feel all changes in terrain at the front of my toes. I don't have any issue in deep snow with gaiters over them. I am sure it will last forever like it is now.

I got these boots 8 months ago. I was looking for…

Materials: cordura and K-flex upper / gore-tex durathem inner
Use: scrambling (rough trails) and mountaineering
Break-in Period: none
Weight: 1600 grams a pair
Price Paid: 320 EURO

I got these boots 8 months ago. I was looking for boots suitable for crampons, that were light, comfortable and warm suitable for every below 5000m in summer without neopreen boot covers (such as "40 below").

Meanwhile I have used them for a winter camping, pulka trip (temperature varying from -20°C to 0°C), with the bootcovers. Without the covers the boots are not warm enough. Since we stored them inside the tent during the night they were frozen, so it took some warming up time, As soon as you are walking they were toasty.

There was no time for walking in, but they felt like slippers and VERY light.

For the more technical scrambling they work perfect, very precise, stiff enough and with a lot of flexibility due to the flexible ankle shaft without loosing the good support for your feet.

I have only used them in cold condition but even then there was no sweat build up, not even after 2 weeks (and no chance to dry properly during the night). I expect them to dry very quick since only synthetic materials are used.

Overall a very good (stiff) boots, just don't expect them to perform as runners on a well maintained trail.