La Sportiva Trango Trek

This is a great fitting, well constructed light hiking…

Materials: Leather ~ goretex combo
Use: all around hiking boot in dry warm climates
Break-in Period: immediately
Weight: 3lbs 6 oz

This is a great fitting, well constructed light hiking boot. I wanted something for desert hiking/scrambling that was more protective than tennis shoes, lighter than leather boots, and yet supportive and breathable. This boot meets my needs.

Well constructed, nice looking. It's too rigid to drive with, but so much lighter than my usual stiff leather mountaineering boots. Nice rocking motion to the walk and a good grippy sole for rocks and river crossings.
Like I said, I got it for desert camping and scrambling, and it's a nice weight and breathable. It fits and feels like a high top tennis shoe but lots more protective in the sole and top. It has a permanent place in my boot collection!

If you've owned or used a La Sportiva Men's Trango Trek, please share your experience.

La Sportiva Men's Trango Trek

The Men's Trango Trek has been discontinued.

The La Sportiva Men's Trango Trek is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 24, 2007 at OMCgear.