Lafuma Extreme 600

I haven't even slept in this bag yet and I love it!

Design: mummy
Fill: synthetic
Temperature Rating: 45 F
Weight: 1 1/4 pounds

I haven't even slept in this bag yet and I love it! 20 ounces! That's right 20 ounces! The thing rolls down to a miniscule size; I can just about fit it in to my jacket pocket!

I'm a warm sleeper, so 45 degree rating isn't a problem. Besides, you buy this for warm weather, not for the 100 Mile Wilderness in April. Be sure that you use a sleeping pad, because obviously there isn't much insulation in this thing. And like one of the other reviewers mentioned, throw in a microfiber or silk liner and you've got a 35 degree bag that weighs under 2 pounds! How sick is that?

If I need warmer digs, I'll just pack my Lafuma Warm n' Light 1600 with its 10 degree rating (at just north of 3 pounds). Hey maybe I can use this as a liner in the 1600 and have a really killer cold weather combo!

Update: February 10, 2010

I wanted to submit a follow-up review on this bag: in addition to being a great little warm weather bag, I've been using this as a winter bag liner for my LaFuma Warm n' Light 1600G. This combination has allowed me to sleep quite comfortably at 5 degrees F with a -15 degree windchill.

The added bonus is that it only weighs a buck-and-a-quarter and easily stuffs inside the 1600G in the bag compartment on my Osprey Atmos 65. So, I have a killer sub-zero sleeping system that weighs less than 5 pounds.

If there is one complaint I have, it's that the LaFuma bags seem to have a very slim cut (performance mummy) and can be a little snug on my type of physique. However, when the mercury dips, that snugness is appreciated. Oh well, I guess I should just shed a couple extra lbs.

Overall a steal of a warm weather bag. First of all…

Design: Mummy
Temperature Rating: 45F
Weight: 20 oz

Overall a steal of a warm weather bag. First of all it is 20 ounces. That's right, 20 ounces. It packs to the size of a Nalgene bottle. Functionally everything is fine. No zipper snags, shell is durable enough, etc...

Why did I ding it half a star? Typical Lafuma liberal temp rating. I knew it going in and so should you. This bag is rated to 45F. I'm a warm sleeper and i start to get chilly around 55F. But hey, it's a warm weather bag right? I mean c'mon, it's only twenty ounces. I throw a liner in there for an additional 5 degrees and voila, a 50 degree bag.

I wonder what would result if you bought two of them and put one inside the other??? At only 2lbs-8oz, I think you'd have a sweet set-up.

This bag is just what it says it is, ultralight. I…

Design: Mummy
Temperature Rating: 45 f or 7c
Weight: 1lb 4oz

This bag is just what it says it is, ultralight. I would highly recommend a sleeping pad with this bag. Also it could come with a better stuff sack. It is about 6" round by 12" long. Still, a nice bag for the price.

If you've owned or used a Lafuma Extreme 600, please share your experience.

Lafuma Extreme 600

The Extreme 600 has been discontinued.

The Lafuma Extreme 600 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 26, 2012 at SunnySports.

If you're looking for a new warm weather synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.

spring 2010