Lafuma GR 1000 STM

This is NOT a 0-30 degree bag, more like 60 degree.

Design: mummy
Fill: poly
Temperature Rating: 0-30
Weight: 2.5 lbs
Price Paid: less than $60

This is NOT a 0-30 degree bag, more like 60 degree. I purchased this bag last winter, used it in 40 degree weather and it barely kept me warm. I had thermals as well as my fleece, still chilly. I used it again this past fall, but invested in a $12. fleece liner that made it warmer.

I do like the stuff size and weight of the bag. It zips smoothly and feels silky. I will keep using this bag, but for summer.

I do enjoy the weight of this bag, it's much lighter…

Design: mummy
Temperature Rating: 30-Degree
Weight: 2 lbs. 2 oz
Price Paid: not much

I do enjoy the weight of this bag, it's much lighter than anything I've used before. I'm also a big guy at 200 lbs about 6' tall and the bag seems small to me as well. The expanded chest area helps but I felt like the bag was made for much smaller people and had to recheck its specs. I have not tested it at elevation yet so I can't comment on the insulating properties, but it is a very thin and small bag. I'd recommend this bag for lightweight summer backpacking only, which is exactly what I plan to use it for.

Seems to be a pretty good value. Not surprisingly,…

Seems to be a pretty good value. Not surprisingly, it started running out of gas as the the temperature approached 30 degrees, but I was fine at 35, with a base layer. Fits snugger than I would have expected. I'm 5'10", 200#, and there is no way the chest zipper is closing to reduce the internal volume.

This GR 1000 sleeping bag from Lafuma® offers smart design features at a price that won't break your budget! Lafuma's Warm Loft 3D polyester insulation efficiently retains body heat. Polyester microfiber lining is soft, incredibly lightweight and durable. Insulated hood features a drawcord, making quick adjustments and improving thermal efficiency a cinch. Cold-proof flap, wind-protective curve zones and insulated draft tube backing zipper keep warm air in and cold air out. Warm-Up system lets you expand or contract baffles in the chest and foot areas to provide either more wiggle room or better heat efficiency. Internal pocket keeps all your essentials within easy reach, secures with hook-and-loop closure. The bag has a full-length, right-handed auto-locking two-way zipper. Special buy.

Lafuma GR 1000 STM

The GR 1000 STM has been discontinued.

The Lafuma GR 1000 STM is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 3, 2007 at REI.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.