Sturdy but small pack. Got this at Christmas several…

Summary

Sturdy but small pack.

Pros

• Durable material
  • Comfortable shoulder straps
  • Cheap price

Cons

• Smaller than stated volume
  • Side pockets don't hold much
  • Little heavy for volume
  • Water bottle pockets lost their elasticity

Got this at Christmas several years ago. I found that the sleeping compartment was too small, so I cut the divider out between it and the main compartment. This allowed me to fill the pack more fully.

Second the side pockets just don't hold much and don't zip easily if you over stuff it. I cut out the divider between the side pockets and the main compartment. This seemed to add more usable space. After doing these alterations it comes closer to the stated capacity than before.

The shoulder straps are well padded and the back is well ventilated. The hip belt is very simple with not much padding. The hip belt pockets are smaller than I would like, but are easy to get to.

I have used this backpack for 6 years now for weekend hikes and it still is in good condition. The water bottle side pockets have lost their shape and won't hold the bottles in tight but will hold other smaller things. I zip tie my water bottles to my shoulder straps.

With my modifications, I have the pack at about 3 lbs, which is still too heavy for the volume pack. 25 lbs. would be the max capacity, before you would need a larger pack.

Thanks for the review, zoobee. That's great that the pack is still working out six years later, with some mods.

Love this pack. Love this pack. Love this pack. Perfect…

Design: Top loading with optional seperator
Size: 40 litre
Number of Pockets: 6 I think.
Max. Load Carried: 28lbs
Height of Owner: 5'9
Price Paid: forgot

Love this pack. Love this pack. Love this pack.

Perfect for a one night overnight on the trail. I just used it for a 2 nighter on the Long Trail. Carrying a tent forced me to use external "strap-on'", side pouches. I made it but next time I would go with a larger pack.

I tried to use once your Nanga 40 pack. I felt comfortable…

Design: naga 40
Size: 40 Ltrs
Number of Pockets: 3
Max. Load Carried: 25kgs
Height of Owner: 5'6"
Price Paid: php 1200 peso

I tried to use once your Nanga 40 pack. I felt comfortable carrying it on my back but the space is not sufficient to carry all my equipment and food for my 1 week hike on the mountain.

So I use biners to hook my other things outside of my Nanga 40.