Lafuma One Kilo Extreme

I give this bag 4 stars only because I think the temperature…

I give this bag 4 stars only because I think the temperature rating was quite liberal. I've had this bag for 7 years now, and am still using it. I have not torn the stuff sack yet like some reviewers, and I haven't broken the zipper or otherwise damaged the bag. I'm pretty hard on my equipment, and the bag shows no wear.

However, I sleep hot, and on a recent trip I was in this bag in the Military Gore-Text bivy (supposed to add 15 degrees) plus military fleece long underwear. The temperature got down to somewhere between 25 and 30 and I was cold. Especially my feet. That could be because this bag is 7 years old... who knows, but I do store it properly (unstuffed).

I bought this bag to take to Philmont back when I was a scout, and it served me well there. Overall, a very good bag, but I think the guy in charge of temperature ratings at Lafuma must have hyperthyroidism.

If you've owned or used a Lafuma One Kilo Extreme, please share your experience.

Lafuma One Kilo Extreme

The One Kilo Extreme has been discontinued.

The Lafuma One Kilo Extreme is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new warm weather synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.