Lafuma One Kilo Extreme

I give this bag 4 stars only because I think the temperature…

I give this bag 4 stars only because I think the temperature rating was quite liberal. I've had this bag for 7 years now, and am still using it. I have not torn the stuff sack yet like some reviewers, and I haven't broken the zipper or otherwise damaged the bag. I'm pretty hard on my equipment, and the bag shows no wear.

However, I sleep hot, and on a recent trip I was in this bag in the Military Gore-Text bivy (supposed to add 15 degrees) plus military fleece long underwear. The temperature got down to somewhere between 25 and 30 and I was cold. Especially my feet. That could be because this bag is 7 years old... who knows, but I do store it properly (unstuffed).

I bought this bag to take to Philmont back when I was a scout, and it served me well there. Overall, a very good bag, but I think the guy in charge of temperature ratings at Lafuma must have hyperthyroidism.