Lafuma Sky Race OT

EUR 135.00
Materials OutDry waterproof/breathable membrane
Sizes women's 5.5-10
Weight 14 ounces per shoe

I have only had these for a short while, but have…

Materials: nylon and other man-made materials
Use: trail running, trail walking
Break-in Period: minimal
Weight: 420 gr per pair (size 8.5)

I have only had these for a short while, but have been using them for trail runs in the late autumn/early winter 2009. Conditions have been trails with leaves, dirt/mud; sometimes with rain and even a bit of slushy snow.

So far I'm very happy with them. I've been happy with the comfort, the cushioning/stability combination, and the traction. The waterproofing is effective within reason. I often end up with damp feet while running on wet days, but I suspect it is often because the wet is coming in from above (it's a low-cut shoe). The body of the shoes seem to be doing a reasonably good job of preventing water from getting in.

I do have a few nitpicks that keep me from giving them 5 stars: the lacing system with the dual toggles is a gimmicky fix to a problem I didn't have. It doesn't work that well and it isn't that easy to use.

Sizing: I had read that they ran small, so I ordered up a half size (men's 9 US, marked as UK 8.5, EUR 42 2/3). When they arrived they were way too big. So I exchanged them for my normal size (men's US 8.5), and even these are a tiny bit too big for me. But they're ok. I'm keeping them and just wearing a slightly thicker sock and cranking the lacing.

To sum up, I'd definitely recommend them to a friend.

Visit Lafuma's Men's Sky Race OT page.

Lace up your Lafuma Men's Sky Race OT Trail Running Shoes, and take off down the mountain trail. These trail runners feature Lafuma's Twin Lace system: Dual toggles let you secure the upper and lower part of your shoe separately for a totally dialed fit. Waterproof breathable membranes on these shoes keep feet dry as you dash through streams or slog through mud. Gusseted tongues stop trail debris from getting in your Sky Race OT Shoes, and Vibram outsoles grab the ground.

- Backcountry Outlet refers to the men's version

CLOSEOUTS . Uneven terrain? Slick runoff? Scattered trail debris? Absolutely no match for Lafuma's Sky Race lightweight trail running shoes; they're designed to tackle everything from messy trails to smooth dirt paths. Synthetic mesh upper Dual lace speed lacing system Mesh lining wicks interior moisture away Padded, gusseted tongue Padded collar with pull-on loop Removable padded insole EVA midsole Vibram(R) rubber outsole Weight: 1 lb. 14 oz. pr Medium width By Lafuma of France Made in Vietnam. Runs small, order 1_2 size larger. Visit our Shoe Sizing Guide Available Colors: STRAW, DEEP GREY/ANTHRACITE, DARK DEEP ORANGE, GREEN. Sizes: 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 12.5, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5.

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the men's version

A high performance trail running shoe for all seasons, the Sky Race OT features an OutDry® waterproof, breathable membrane and a dual toggle reinforced lacing system for extra support and an accommodating fit. Tridensity phylon (compressed EVA foam) shock-absorbing midsole. Vibram rubber XRUN outsole optimizes all-season grip. Twin Lace System secures lower and upper foot separately for a fine-tuned fit. OutDry membrane provides waterproof protection. 3D mesh and textile upper for breathability and durability. Reinforced lacing for extra support. Neoprene stretch lace storage pocket. Reinforced polyurethane toe guard for protection and durability. Removable PES/EVA footbed adds comfort underfoot. Large V-shaped lugs and small flexible studs for grip; reversed heel studs for descent control. Padded gusseted tongue keeps debris out and adds comfort.

- EMS refers to the men's version

Lafuma Sky Race OT

The Lafuma Sky Race OT is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 1, 2012 at Sierra Trading Post.