Lafuma Warmn Li 800

EN lower limit 30 F / -1.1 C
EN extreme 7 F / -10 C
Fill 650-fill down
Shape Mummy

When I buy gear, I try to find the best performance…

Pros

• Light
  • Very compact
  • Warm

Cons

• Snug

When I buy gear, I try to find the best performance for the money. I was looking for a way to lighten my pack by switching to a down bag. This bag is around 1 pound 13 oz and packs up to the size of a loaf of bread. So, far, I've only logged 4 trips with the bag.

I feel everyone's internal thermometer is different. This is how the bag worked for me: In 60 degree weather the bag is way too hot. It feels perfect in 30 degree weather. I've used it twice where the overnight temps fell into the high teens. In those temps I slept in a poly thermals and used a silk bag liner. I was able to stay warm overnight.

I complained the bag was snug, but that is to be expected in a light bag. More area = more weight. I am also pushing the maximum length of the bag. The specs on the bag stated it fit to 6'-2". I am 6'-2", therefore the foot box gets cold around 20 degrees. I have no room left to store a hot-water nalgene bottle in the foot box. When in doubt, get a longer size. The extra ounces are not worth cold toes.

I've read mixed reviews about the Lafuma Warm'n Light…

Design: Mummy
Fill: 650 fill down
Temperature Rating: 30F
Weight: 1lb 13oz

I've read mixed reviews about the Lafuma Warm'n Light 800 sleeping bag, but I've had a good experience with it and want to share my views.

It is nice and light at 1lb 13 oz. and packs down to the size of a liter nalgene bottle with the included compression sack. At 5'11'', 180lbs, the mummy design is slim but comfortable for my body type. There is no wasted space in this mummy bag, and I can't wear multiple layers of clothing inside the bag without feeling squeezed. But I do wear a thermal base layer when it gets cold, and I stayed comfortable during the first frost of the 2009 winter in PA. I think the temperature rating is fairly accurate as I was comfortable in those near freezing temperatures.

So, not only is the bag small, light and effective, the quality seems very fine as far as I'm concerned. The double zipper runs smoothly, the shape and materials are comfortable, and the mummy hood cinches down and stays put.

Overall, I think this bag is great if you can find it on sale like I did!

This is my first backpacking sleeping bag and although…

Design: Mummy
Fill: 800 fill down
Temperature Rating: 40F
Weight: 1.5

This is my first backpacking sleeping bag and although it carries a 40°F comfort rating, it's nowhere near that. I've spent 5 nights total and on two of those nights, the temps dipped into the mid 40's and I was cold!

On those nights where I got cold, I was wearing a poly base layer, a long sleeve poly shirt, shorts, my liner socks, and a synthetic cap. When the temps dropped, I had to put on my Duofold long underwear bottoms, hiking socks, and a thin wool sweater. I sleep on my side inside an MSR Microzoid without the rain fly if that matters.

I'm going to keep this bag for summer use as it's very light weight, packs down small, and the zippers work well. I do like the double pull zippers since on warmer nights my feet tend to sweat but I'm looking for a new bag for use when the temps forecast below 50F.

The foot box is a little tight when on my back but OK on my side.

Yes, I hate it. Because it's absolutely NOT capable…

Yes, I hate it. Because it's absolutely NOT capable of keeping you warm at 40°F.

Like the other reviewer, I've been COOOOOOLD, even with several layers of merino underwear and a thick sweater and socks etc. I'm gonne keep it as a summer bag, nothing less.

Lafuma Men's Warmn Li 800

The Men's Warmn Li 800 has been discontinued.

The Lafuma Men's Warmn Li 800 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 30, 2013 at SunnySports.