Lafuma X600

Great that it is so lightweight, just over a pound,…

Design: mummy
Fill: synthetic Tactel
Temperature Rating: 45 F
Weight: 1lb 5 oz

Great that it is so lightweight, just over a pound, and stuffs into a sack about the size of a Nalgene bottle so takes up almost no room in my pack.

However, the 45 degree temp rating is off - any cool air just goes right through the bag so this is strictly a bag for the balmy heat of summer.

The first night I tested it out camping in the backyard with a good insulated pad and a single wall tent wearing a t-shirt and capris, and shivered until I went in to put on a fleece jacket - but my legs and feet were still very cold that night. The low was 57 degrees F by the time I put on the jacket.

The second test run I wore a long sleeve t-shirt, a light fleece vest, and sweatpants - and zipped my bag to my boyfriend's for shared warmth. The low was 47 degrees F that night and we stayed fairly warm as long as we cuddled up close.

One other issue is that it came packed in its tiny stuff sack, so any loft it may have ever had is probably ruined - thus hurting the warmth factor.

I bought both the men's and women's version of this bag for a great price and they will serve their purpose when we do our summer camping here in the South.

Perfect for spontaneous overnight trips, the warm-weather Lafuma X600 sleeping bag is destined for summertime slumber. Features a durable polyamide shell and lining that stands up to life on the trail. Synthetic fill packs down easily and offers warm insulation. Single-layer construction with offset stitching prevents insulation from shifting, reducing cold spots. Draft flap keeps warm air in and cold air out. Full-length, antisnag locking zipper allows bag to join with another Lafuma bag. Stuff sack included. Special buy.

- REI refers to the men's version

CLOSEOUTS . A great bag for camping under the summer stars, Lafuma?s 45?F X600 sleeping bag is constructed with a seamless side technique that increases thermal efficiency and eliminates cold spots. Full hood with drawcord Mummy bag Stuff sack included Zipper: Right and left Rated to: 45?F Fits to: 6? Girth (shoulder/hip/foot): 64/60/38? Dimensions (LxW): 83x32" Stuff size: 10x5" Weight: 1 lb. 4 oz. Material: Water-repellent Tactel(R) nylon Lining: Nylon Insulation: Polyester Fill weight: 5.4 oz. By Lafuma of France CLOSEOUTS . China. Visit our Sleeping Bag Guide Available Colors: GREY / DEEP GREY, METAL BLUE / GREY, DARK STONE/GRIS CENDRE.

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the men's version

Lafuma X600

The X600 has been discontinued.

The Lafuma X600 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 26, 2011 at REI.

If you're looking for a new warm weather synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.