Life-Link Boundary Pack

The pack is basic and designed for emergency gear…

Design: top load
Size: boundrypack
Number of Pockets: 1
Max. Load Carried: 10 lbs
Height of Owner: 6' 4-1/2"

The pack is basic and designed for emergency gear only, it's thin and small the way I think they should be for mountain snowmobiling.

It's so thin I don't catch on branches when boodocking, and it's hardly noticeable. At the end of the day I do have a slight digging sensation near my right armpit that I can't adjust away but I'm built a little weird, my right leg is about an inch longer than my left so my back bends weird to accommodate that.

I carry, shovel, probe, (all inside nothing outside) extra goggles, matches, lighter, fire fuel goo, extra mid layer and I still have room for shedding my inner layer (I wear base, inner, mid, shell) and 1 pair of gloves. I still have some room without stretching the limits of the pack.

I ride with the older version of this pack looks the same design just new materials/colors.

I paid $20 for mine at an outlet store, the normal price was $120. I couldn't believe my luck finding the exact pack that I was going to buy, being blown out at an army surplus outlet - good day!

I've routinely used this pack 25-35 trips a year for the past 9-10 years. I did have to do a little patching on the bottom as the edge of my shovel handle eventually wore a hole in the bottom. No complaints would buy it again! and highly recommend it. I still wear this pack after purchasing a Klim pack designed for sledding (that fits odd and is a terrible design. and an SOS pack very nice but too large and baggy when not full and had a "clip on" bag with it that I didn't like for sledding.

Life-Link Boundary Pack

The Life-Link Boundary Pack is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 1, 2007 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.