Life-Link Pit Boss

This shovel is light and unbreakable! I accidentally…

Price Paid: $46 at cost as a MILO employee in 2000

This shovel is light and unbreakable!

I accidentally backed over the shovel head of mine with the car back in 2001 and I still have it in my back country pack ready to go for 2009-2010 season. I doubt an aluminum piece could make that claim. Simply unbeatable.

If you know what Lexan plastic is you won't hesitate to get it. I even sharpen it with a file once in a while to keep it sharp for cutting snow easier.

I really like the Life Link products for back country use, and recommend them to anyone getting into serious winter hiking and riding.

I wish they had the Arva 3000 Transceiver in their avalanche transceiver list I would review it, as that is what I have use backcountry for more than 5 years, but have also used a Pieps, and an early model DTS tracker.

Thanks for reading.

If you've owned or used a Life-Link Pit Boss, please share your experience.

Life-Link Pit Boss

The Pit Boss has been discontinued.

The Life-Link Pit Boss is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 10, 2010 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new snow shovel, check out the best reviewed current models.