Lippi Outdoor Selk Bag 1

Just received my Selk Bag 1 today. Bought it online…

Price Paid: £34 plus £12.50p Delivery

Just received my Selk Bag 1 today. Bought it online in a special promotion. Selk Bag 2 is now out - hence the promotion to sell last year's model.

I took a chance buying this online as it was non returnable and I could not try it on.

It's a great product and idea that could be made even better. Better materials, better fit and better sizing.

I'm 5 feet 4 ins, medium size and build. My bag was to fit someone between 5 feet 1 ins and 5 feet 7 ins tall. My bag pulls slightly in the back when in a seated position and the hood tends to drop down a bit over the eyes. I'm glad I was not 5 feet 6 or seven ins tall. I think it would have felt a bit tight.I am short in the legs (28ins inside leg.)It just fits in the crutch area. Longer legs and it would be uncomfortable and restrict movement which is one of it's big selling points.

Another possible drawback may be that it's not the easiest thing to wash!

Having said all that I like it, got it for a reasonable price and I am certain it will come in useful even for lounging around the house on cold winter evenings like we have in the UK at the moment. I have a top of the range sleeping bag and could use this Selk bag inside of that. Now that's what you call warm and it will keep my bag clean also instead of a sleeping bag liner.

I hope this is useful to anyone considering purchasing one of these. It seems to be quite well made and I recommend it to anyone.

Roll around, stroll through camp, sit up and eat breakfast, all in the comfort of your sleeping bag with the Selk Bag, designed and tested in the Andes, from Lippi. With insulated, baffled arms and legs, you can feel free to roam in this simple, synthetic insulated bag that has reversible zippers at the hands for more or less warmth, reinforced nylon soles, and a drawstring hood that you can cinch up tight when you go to bed for the night.

- Mountain Gear

CLOSEOUTS . With a revolutionary form-fitting design, the Lippi Selk’Bag 1 sleeping bag allows you to stand, move, reach and sleep comfortably without ever leaving your bag. Revolutionary design keeps arms and legs mobile Zipper: Front Rated to: 49 F Medium: Fits to: 5’9” Arm span: 70” Head to foot: 70” Foot width: 16” Large: Fits to: 6’4” Arm span: 79” Head to foot: 76” Foot width: 18” Extra-Large: Fits to: 7’1” Arm span: 86” Head to foot: 85” Foot width: 20” Stuff size: 17x10” Weight: 4 lb. 3 oz. (based on large) Fabric: Nylon shell and lining Insulation: Polyester Fill weight: 1X200g/sqm CLOSEOUTS . China. Visit our Sleeping Bag Guide

- Sierra Trading Post

The best selling Selk Bag, the Lippi Selk' Bag 1 is a unique sleeping bag system that allows for maximum mobility and is designed for warmth and comfort, with value in mind. Ideal for summer festivals, lounging around the house, a movie marathon, or summer camping, the Selk' Bag 1 is comfortable & mobile, letting you move your arms and legs independently, and stand, walk, and cross your legs without trouble.

- Altrec Outdoors

Lippi Outdoor Selk Bag 1

The Lippi Outdoor Selk Bag 1 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new warm weather synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.