LiquidLogic Inuit 12.5

This is a very stable platform and can handle rough…

Summary

This is a very stable platform and can handle rough water with the best of them.

Pros

• Universal cockpit
  • Padded seat
  • Built in thigh braces
  • Knife like bow

Cons

• None noted

I own a guided sea kayaking company in northwest Montana. I have paddled a Dagger Catalyst for over 16 years. I wanted something similar to the Catalyst for my fleet, but they no longer make that model. I was turned onto Liquid Logic this year by a friend.

I wanted the Liquid Logic Inuit 13'5 for my fleet. After talking to the Liquid Logic rep I found out that the 13'5 model does not have a universal cockpit. However, the 12'5 and 14'5 Inuits do. The rep stated that he was 5'8" and 200lbs and that he was not comfortable in the 13'5. I was able to sit in a 13'5 prior to purchasing my fleet. He was absolutely correct!! I am 5'5 150lbs and I was very comfortable in it. However, if I had a client his size he/she would not have a pleasant paddle.

I recently took a client on an overnight in the 12'5. He was 5'7" and 290lbs. The kayak was loaded with gear and we had 10-15mph winds and one foot to foot and half waves. The kayak exceeded my expectations!!! It cut the waves with its knife like bow like butter, it was extremely stable and tracked very well. He had stated that he was very comfortable and never felt like he was going to roll over.

With that being said, I will purchase the 13'5 for my personal boat in a heartbeat. I loved the narrow lines and the feel of the cockpit.

Ideal for day-touring the Liquidlogic Inuit 12.5 combines maneuverability with great tracking and a stable ride.For free shipping to most of our New England stores, or to ask any questions, call Customer Service at 888-463-6367.

- EMS

Fast, outfitted with ample comfort and storage, and shaped with streamlined lines, the Liquid Logic Inuit 12.5 Kayak treats you to a touring experience like none other. As the shortest of the Inuit Series, the 12.5 Kayak offers turn-on-a-dime maneuverability without sacrificing vital storage space for your camping kit. Liquid Logic's engineers cleverly designed the Tru-Track II Hull to track straight as an arrow and paddle so efficiently you'll wonder how you traveled so far, so fast.

Load up the Liquidlogic Inuit 12.5 kayak with enough gear to get away from the daily grind and enjoy this easy-to-paddle cruiser. Perfect for the beginner or intermediate paddler looking to enhance paddling skills and start touring, the Liquidlogic Inuit 12.5 is friendly and stable. Tough polyethylene construction offers rugged durability and solid performance. 12.5 ft. length allows maneuverability and maintains solid speed, and defined chines allow edged turns. Upswept bow rides high over rough waters. Polypropylene honeycomb fabric creates a comfortable pad with 2 layers of support in seat and backband. UV- and water-resistant seat drains water, vents moisture and cushions to ensure comfort on the water. Extremely comfortable seat back adjusts up and down to fit lower back. Seat also includes adjustable hip pads and thighbraces. Large cockpit area is easy to get into and offers roomy comfort. Adjustable foot pegs enhance circulation and reduce fatigue during long paddles. Cockpit-deployable rudder enhances tracking in rough conditions. Bow and stern bulkheads ensure contents of hatches stay dry, and they enhance overall flotation when hatches are sealed. Snap-in paddle holder frees up hands. Soft carry handles at bow and stern make it easy grab and lift the 55 lb. kayak.

LiquidLogic Inuit 12.5

The LiquidLogic Inuit 12.5 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 13, 2013 at EMS.

If you're looking for a new touring kayak, check out the best reviewed current models.