Loco Libre Gear Carolina Reaper 30°

This is a custom down hammock underquilt by Loco Libre,…

Price Paid: $230 USD

Summary

This is a custom down hammock underquilt by Loco Libre, a small cottage manufacturer. All quilts are custom designed and handmade in the U.S.

Pros

• Custom design
  • Choice of fabrics and insulation
  • Unique chevron design baffles
  • Exceptional customer service

Cons

• Lead time
  • Cost

I had this underquilt made custom for my needs. It is a 30° F quilt that is 54" long and 44" wide. I had it filled with 900 fp Downtek goose down and an extra oz. added for a total of 13 ounces of fill and approximately 2.5" of loft.

It has draft collars on both foot and head ends and all necessary hardware and adjustable shock cords to easily attach it to your hammock. The outside fabric I went with is the Argon 90 in woodland camo, with the inner fabric being slightly lighter Argon 67 in the dark olive.

Overall weight is 490 g. Being down it is highly compactible. The unique design of the baffles keeps the down where it should be and a light shake fluffs it right up.

20171121_171609-1-.jpg
20171121_171640-1-.jpg
He has around two dozen colors available and I'm sure if you don't see it on his page but know of a fabric that is available he will try to accommodate your desires. He is very flexible in providing you with what you need and customer satisfaction is high on his list of priorities. I took the quilt on a late season kayak trip and temperatures dipped to freezing; the quilt preformed exceptionally well.

DSCN0515.jpg

Stuff sack is provided for $5 if you use one and a cotton storage bag comes for a $10 charge.

20171121_171759-1-.jpg

Thanks for the review of this under quilt, Ross, and for bringing this brand to our attention.

Thanks for the review, Ross. For that price, I would have expected it to be for colder temps. I paid about the same for my HG underquilt, and it's rated 20F with 1oz of overstuff.