LokSak OPSAK

A very expensive zip top bag, sturdier than a freezer…

Price Paid: (3) for $13

Summary

A very expensive zip top bag, sturdier than a freezer bag but not by much, blocks most odors but not all, not worth the extra cost.

Pros

• Scent barrier
  • Large size
  • Washable

Cons

• Cost
  • Low durability

I was hoping LokSaks would solve my food organization needs with a reusable eco-friendly bag as well as work as a scent barrier while traveling areas with a decent bear population. They are nowhere near as heavy duty as I was looking for.

Before heading out for a few days I packed two large bags with food, one for myself, one for my partner, and had the third as the garbage bag. The first night in camp both bags holding food has small holes across the bottom from being set on the ground, bags were not over filled or abused. I was able to wash and dry bags upon returning home but will not be able to use them again as desired.

Overall I am disappointed I spent so much on a slightly sturdier zip top.

Certified and field tested to be odor-, humidity-, vapor- and leak-proof, these LOKSAK bags ensure secure and undisturbed closure.

Waterproof bags, same as Aloksak--different film. O.P.S.A.K. bags are made of 5 mil polyethlene barrier film offer odor proof storage. Great for proventing animal intrusions at the campsite. Humidity proof, vaporproof, and certified 100% leakproof to 200 ft under water.

- Vargo Outdoors

100% odor barrier bag with no gusset. Store food undetected at the camp site. Great for camp food preparation - you can add boiling water to the bag as the film is FDA approved. (Not recommended to put the bag in boiling water.) The O.P.SAK uses the same zip closure seal as the ALOKSAK and offers all of the same air and water proof features. If you need a storage and transport bag that is tolerant to extreme heat, the O.P.SAK is the bag for you. Qty: 3 bags.

- Campmor