Fine snowshoes. I wish I could truly review mine,…

Summary

Fine snowshoes.

Pros

• Boa strap system
  • Solid decking-sheds snow easy
  • Open mouthed crampon-sheds slush

Cons

• None yet

I wish I could truly review mine, but in the middle of the most snowless winter I probably have lived through I cannot. We have no snow and haven't had more than two inches of same this season.

I can say I have a brand new pair of 10x36's bought late last spring and they look great and they appear to be tough as bullhide, but I do not know. They do measure almost an inch over 36.

I did pay $94 for mine on a Sierra Trading Post closeout. And I look forward to trying the BOA system. They did come in a carrying bag, which has a shoulder strap and Velcro straps for carrying poles.

I gave four stars because of Garneau's reputation, and by the looks of the construction of these shoes using my own experience with many other snowshoes. I'll change that rating accordingly if need be if it ever snows. They well may be 5 star.

I wouldn't mind seeing small side bars near the tail to help prevent rear side sliding. They wouldn't effect glissading.

November 21, 2016 Update:

I finally got these out today in a foot plus of snow [edited to note: we actually received 27 inches]. Walked through 3-foot drifts when possible and slush also. Neither the deck nor the crampons loaded up. For a 230-lb guy flotation was normal. I did not have my pack on.

I  did not get to climb any or go down any steep hills. When I do I'll add more information.

The Boa system is cool, I like it. I did have a little trouble adjusting one rear strap but it is only a simple rubber belt so that problem has as much to do with me as the strap.

I'll stick with my earlier 4-star rating till I get more time in on them.

It is awesome to have snow once again. I live for it.IMG_1186_zps9cnc8xso.jpg

IMG_1185%20-%20Copy_zpsc0lglnla.jpg

IMG_1187_zpsq1pvryym.jpg

I agree that the lack of snow in the east has been very disappointing this year, Old Guide. I hope you have the chance to use your new snowshoes soon. FYI, I removed your rating for you until then.

Old Guide

No snow in the forecast :(

I know, so sad...

Phil Smith

I can't wait till we get some snow! It would have been great to have taken a 6-7 hour drive to your neck of the woods this past weekend for some snowshoeing, but the friend who was visiting didn't feel like that much time in the passenger seat. I think you'll like them a lot once you get some mileage on them.

Old Guide

Phil believe it or not, its green here now. From over two ft of white to nothing in five days. I'm ready to slap them back on. Thanks.

Phil Smith

Yep, when the ground isn't frozen the temps don't have to get too high for a lot of snow to melt.