Lowa Arko GTX

Absolutely great pair of boots. I purchased these…

Materials: leather, GTX
Use: backpacking, military rough terrain, mountain packing, dayhikes
Break-in Period: 1 month or a few good days hikes

Absolutely great pair of boots. I purchased these in the fall of 2004 and haven't regretted them yet. I once owned a pair of La Sportiva hiking shoes, and the comfort didn't compare. These Lowa's are very comfortable. I went with this brand because a buddy of mine swore up and down on the comfort of his Lowa Renegade II's.

I can't recall but I think I bought them off the Lowa web site in the clearance room for an outstanding price.

I am in the Air Force and have a unique combat mission where the use of these boots proved highly effective in the mountains of Afghanistan back in the winter, spring, and summer of 2005. The were unbelievably comfortable, waterproof, and conveniently more lightweight than the standard issued military gtx boot. I recall treading through streams for days and these boots being drier in less time than those that wore the standard thin canvas desert (jungle style) military issue boot. They had diesel spilled on them which seemed to dry out the brown leather a tad bit but they work fine. I did trade out the laces for some gutted black 550lb parachute cord. There was nothing wrong with the laces, I just tend to like the 550 cord more.

I haven't worn them too much lately but I am due for another hike. They're a little too much for casual wear around town because of the stiffness in the sole needed for backpacking and/or hiking. They work great for a day hike and I would even go so far as to wear them with short or trekking pants in the warmer months since they're not true high tops.

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Arko GTX versions

In addition to the 1 men's review above, there are 3 reviews for other versions of the Arko GTX. Read all reviews »

Hiking or lightweight backpacking. Light to medium weight pack. Features:2mm thick water repellent Nubuk leather with Cordura

- US Outdoor Store

Lowa Men's Arko GTX

The Men's Arko GTX has been discontinued.

The Lowa Men's Arko GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 21, 2007 at GearTrade.