Lowa Baleno GTX Mid

I've had this boot for 3 years. I go backpacking 3-4…

Materials: hybrid
Use: wekend backpacks
Break-in Period: minimal
Weight: 3 lbs, 1 oz.

I've had this boot for 3 years. I go backpacking 3-4 times a year. My main complaint with it is toe bang: I got a lot of it going down 5000 feet in the Grand Canyon when I first bought them, after a short break-in period. My big toes were badly bruised. Then last week I experienced a similar fate in the Catskills going down 2400 feet.

These boots are well made, the Goretex bootie works fine, and the soles give a secure grip, but I don't think these fit my admittedly low volume (bony) feet. The boots don't offer any stringing options to help keep my feet in the heel cup as I descend a trail, so I'll be shopping for boots again before my next trip.

Too bad, other than this I liked these boots.

This is by far the most amazing boot I've owned. I…

Price Paid: 70 $cdn

This is by far the most amazing boot I've owned. I had a pair of Asolos prior to purchasing these ones and the comfort level does not even come close. Forget about sore feet or blisters or stinky feet or slipping and sliding. These boots have it all! From a easy day hike to more technical longer treking trips, this boot can do it all!

If you've owned or used a Lowa Baleno GTX Mid, please share your experience.

Lowa Baleno GTX Mid

The Baleno GTX Mid has been discontinued.

The Lowa Baleno GTX Mid is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 6, 2009 at Sierra Trading Post.