Lowa Banff Pro

I used these boots for 3 seasons of high alpine wilderness…

I used these boots for 3 seasons of high alpine wilderness work. Constant hiking with heavy (40-55lb) packs on terrain which includes dirt trail, degraded granite, duff, lake perimeter surveys, marsh/meadow surveys, and tons of exposed granite cross-country.

I put in approximately 300 work days in the 3 years that mostly were comprised of 8-12 day trips. The boots held up like champs, break-in time was minimal and the boots retained their wateroproof integrity. The fit was great. Never suffered one blister.

Just this last backpacking trip the leather inside the boot on the heel gave way on both boots. I cut it out with meat scissors and upgraded to thicker socks and they are still comfortable. Still waterproof with periodic sno-seal treatments.

I was thinking of buying some Danner lights next just to throw some diversity into life but who am I kidding? I will likely buy another pair of Banffs.

I still use my old ones for walks.

If you've owned or used a Lowa Banff Pro, please share your experience.

Lowa Banff Pro

$280.00 (men's)

The Lowa Banff Pro is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 26, 2013 at Backcountry.com.