These shoes performed very well. I have been wearing…

Use: rough trail w/ heavy pack
Break-in Period: one day
Weight: 200 pounds

These shoes performed very well.

I have been wearing this Lowa style daily for 5 years for everyday use. I'm on my 2nd pair. I have hiked with them over non-trailed terrain with a 45 pound pack on 45 degree talus and brush slopes with no problems. The longest day I put on them was a 15 mile hike over 5 hours.

The only problem I have had is the Achilles heel pad breaking down. There is no discomfort, the fabric has deteriorated and the foam has come out.

I am a wildlife biologist so I am often out in the woods. This has been my preferred shoe except when using chainsaws when I switch to 10 inch vibram soled leather boots. I wear them to the opera, around the office, in my shop, everywhere.