Great boot! Warm, comfortable, and breathable! Really…

Summary

Great boot! Warm, comfortable, and breathable!

Pros

• Warm but breatherable
  • Very little flex

Cons

• None so far

Really comfortable boot! I've used them for snowshoeing in the dead of winter (-20 degrees C) , and climbing in the summer. They breathe well and have stayed waterproof so far!

I find that they are nice and stiff so I can easily wear a step-in crampon, or kick into hard snow to make a step.

I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a good all around mountain boot.

Great pair of boots. I picked them up for $50 at an…

Price Paid: $50- US

Great pair of boots. I picked them up for $50 at an REI scratch and dent sale and have not looked back!

Great in snow and trail. I have had them in temps of -30 F and started to get cold. At -20 F they worked like a champ!

They are a bit bulky for hikers so I would suggest some tennis shoes if you are doing a long approach.

Overall I have been very pleased with them and have held up better than most of my friends.

It's a disposable boot! Rocks cut and damage the sides.

Materials: nice bright red colour!
Use: Severe rock exposures/ cutting shale/ and pointed loose surfaces
Break-in Period: 3-4 months over winter
Weight: they weigh a lot less now
Price Paid: too much

It's a disposable boot!

Rocks cut and damage the sides. Eventually [months actually], 'IF' you have really really exhaust yourself on the cliffs, the shale, and upon the cutting rock edges of the Tombstone range, you will realize it is a disposable boot.

The Gortex opened to water penetrations. Constantly cleaning them. I eventually used a tube of Lock-Tite [black] silicon to seal them. But, now they have to be rebuilt and I'm asking 'why'? I expect more, but this is today.

I have now read everything I could on the Norwegian and Italian boot companies [if you can find them]. Everything is mostly style, colours, and for me dissapointemts. I'm very hard on my boots because my work depends on them. Maybe I should just suck it up and say they're just a tax deduction every year. Better yet... Fly to Norway/ Italy and get the real thing and deduct that trip too! hahaha

Of course if you parade on the open grasslands of any field or prairie they'll do.

PS ... I have never done this except now cause I saw this here.

Great boots. I need US 10 size in the city, but I…

Price Paid: 200

Great boots.

I need US 10 size in the city, but I buy US 10.5.

In June 2010 I was in Georgia Mt. Kazbegi (5033m mkinvartsveri). Weather was very hot, just one warm socks, I feel very comfortable all day.

<p>Terrific product, period. I have used them…

Price Paid: picked up used

<p>Terrific product, period. I have used them on several outings now and they have performed admirably. Way easier on my legs and feet than my plastics, and I the conditions I have been in, just as warm. I haven't been below 10 Fahrenheit, so keep that in mind if you are using them in really cold places. I have used them for general winter hiking and for multi pitch 3+/4- climbing. The reason they're not a 5 is because my weak little calves would like something with a bit more stiffness for the sweet vertical sections.</p><p><br></p>

Warm and light. I don't have to put toe warmers in…

Warm and light. I don't have to put toe warmers in my shoes anymore. They are waterproof too, something my last boots did not live up to.

Take a while to break them in.