Lowa Renegade GTX Lo

The best pair of trail shoes I have ever owned, by…

Materials: Mixed upper, Goretex, Vibram outsole
Use: Everything except backpacking
Break-in Period: 1.5 weeks
Weight: unknown

The best pair of trail shoes I have ever owned, by far. I pretty much wore them every day, on trail and off, for two years. The Vibram outsoles held up extremely well, as did the uppers. When the shoes finally did buy the farm, it was because I had shredding the inner heel lining through both layers.

Performance wise, these shoes do almost anything...I do a LOT of off-trail stuff in a variety of terrain. The shoes handle wet and dry equally well, and I was quite comfortable using them as approach shoes on some fairly exposed high angle rock.

The support was excellent...when I combined these with an ALINE insole, the result was ankle support that equaled or surpassed that of a full high-top backpacking boot. And of course in a much lighter, more manueverable package.

I really have nothing bad to say about these shoes, and I can usually find something wrong with any shoe. So there you go...for me these pretty much the ultimate outdoor footwear.

I have had two pairs of these shoes and they are great.

Materials: Leather and cordura w/gore tex liner
Use: Casual, hiking, light backpacking
Break-in Period: Short break-in for these shoes.

I have had two pairs of these shoes and they are great. These are shoes that work well with khakis or jeans for casual attire, but these shoes can also take some serious abuse.

I used my first pair when I worked up in Alaska and used them with gaiters when the snow got deep. The rubber is pretty tacky and predictable on wet and snowy slick surfaces and the shoes really do a nice job of protecting your feet when walking in rough terrain. The rubber is also extremely durable and after 4 years on my current pair, they are still looking good!!

The only fly in the ointment with these shoes is that the seams where the rubber wraps around towards the sides in the flex zone end-up popping threads over a long period of use. I actually sent my first ones back to Lowa after this occurred within the first year of ownership and they sent me a new pair.

I have had my second pair for almost 4 years now and they have had the same problem for the past couple of years. I just kept wearing them this time and they don't seem to have gotten much worse, but its something that seems to be a design flaw. Fortunately this has never caused the shoes to leak or get too gnarly looking so I have just kept them and appreciate the value I have gotten out of them. Even knowing this I would still buy another pair.

I bought these four years ago while working for an…

Materials: leather with Gore-Tex lining
Use: day hikes, and everything else
Break-in Period: none

I bought these four years ago while working for an lowa dealer along with a pair of Scouts. These boots have been wonderful. I use them for day hikes, around the yard, and even through our Michigan winters. The Gore-Tex lining keeps my feet dry. The boots fit my feet great and I could walk all day in them. Even after four years of use they are still holding up quite well, I mean I don't wear them everyday but often enough. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a lo-cut waterproof boot.

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Renegade GTX Lo versions

In addition to the 3 men's reviews above, there is 1 review for another version of the Renegade GTX Lo. Read all reviews »

Lowa Mens Renegade Gore-Tex Lo - Sepia - European-manufactured start to finish, LOWA hiking boots are perfect for weekend adventurers who want functional footwear with out-of-the-box comfort. Lighter weight than traditional hiking boots - geared to day hiking or exercise walking. They excel for on-trail use, hiking with light day or hydration packs, scrambling, or everyday outdoor use. NEW! Our best-selling, top performing day hiker has been improved for 2006: Derby cut lacing to comfortably fit a wider range of feet, plus a bi-injection midsole for greater comfort and stability. Sturdy, all-purpose, all-terrain, all-weather boot. Uppers in water-repellent Nubuk leather with Cordura ankle band GORE-TEX lining for ultimate climate comfort and waterproof protection Vibram 'Vialta' outsole for improved grip and shock absorption Men's medium 'D' width only

- Massey's Outfitters

Handcrafted in Europe. Updated for 2010.LOWA's All Terrain Collection are perennial favorites for day hiking and short-haul, weekend backpacking because they're phenomenally comfortable, supportive and cushioned.For 2010, LOWA's most popular series, the Renegade, sports a new Monowrap Evo comfort construction for an even lighter, sleeker profile with a more supportive stabilizer. The slightly stiffer nylon shank provides enhanced performance for hikers who tackle more rugged terrain.UPPER: Nubuk leather.MIDSOLE: PU Monowrap Frame, a new, patented construction technique that allows us to reduce overall boot weight while retaining important lateral stability.LINING: Seamless, waterproof GORE-TEX lining reduces hot spots. A LOWA patented design.OUTSOLE: Vibram Evo.SHANK: Full length nylon.FOOTBED: Climate control footbed with comfort perforations to improve breathability.DERBY STYLE LACING: Ensures great, customized fit for a wider variety of feet.Weight Per Pair ( Men's 9): 1.90 lbs.

- Campmor

CLOSEOUTS . Bring back tales from the trails you conquered in Lowa’s Renegade Lo trail shoes, constructed with a waterproof breathable Gore-Tex(R) membrane to seal out unwanted moisture. Waterproof breathable Gore-Tex(R) membrane won’t let water in, but lets perspiration escape Water-repellent nubuck upper Padded gusseted tongue blocks out rocks Climate Control interior features a perforated collar to circulate air, eliminating hot spots and preventing blisters Shock-absorbing EVA midsole Vibram(R) Vialta rubber outsole Weight: 2 lb. 5 oz. pr. CLOSEOUTS . Slovakia. Width: N (narrow) M (medium) W (wide) Visit our Shoe Sizing Guide

- Sierra Trading Post

European-manufactured start to finish, The Renegade GTX Lo Hiking Shoe for Men by Lowa is perfect for weekend adventurers who want functional footwear with out-of-the-box comfort. They are lighter weight than traditional hiking boots - geared to day hiking or exercise walking. They excel for on-trail use, hiking with light day or hydration packs, scrambling, or everyday outdoor use. All-in-all a sturdy, all-purpose, all-terrain, all-weather boot."MUCKBUSTER: These sturdy mud-lovers hand a whuppin' to slick roots, scratchy underbrush, and heinous descents." - Outside Magazine Buyer's Guide"I got that 'ahhh' kind of feeling with the soft cushioning midsole. There was no breaking-in (no blisters.) I put them on, off I went... And I'm still going." - Sports Etc."The low-key looks belie the complex layers of material underfoot, (which deliver stability and cushioning.) If you're looking for a burly, hiking-oriented, go-anywhere shoe, this could be it." - National Geographic Adventure

- Altrec Outdoors

Lowa Men's Renegade GTX Lo

The Men's Renegade GTX Lo has been discontinued.

The Lowa Men's Renegade GTX Lo is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 28, 2013 at Campmor.