Lowa Renegade II GTX Lo

Not recommended. After 200 miles walking on pavement…

Summary

Not recommended.

Pros

Cons

• Sole just does not last

200miles.jpg

200miles2.jpg

10miles.jpg

After 200 miles walking on pavement over 10 weeks both heels have worn down and one shoe has gone all the way through. This has never happened on any other shoe I've owned.

The retailer and manufacturer claimed the issue was down to my walking style, i.e. too heavy on my heels! Eventually they replaced them and so we'll see what happens. Very expensive shoe only to last 200 miles.

Welcome to Trailspace, James. I'd be curious to see some pictures of the wear on your boots. Good luck with the replacements.

James J

Apologies. They are the shoes version not boots. However I think the issue is the same. How is best to show you the photos?

Hi James, 1) If you let me know the correct name of your shoes I can easily move your review to that product page. 2) To add pictures to your review, click on the yellow "Edit this Review" button by it. You can add pictures to the body of the review by clicking on the photo icon above that section (looks like a little green tree). I hope that helps!

James J

Renegade II GTX LO. The replacement shoes started to show problems with wear on the heels after 6 miles walking on concrete/asphalt. Lowa requested both original and replacement shoes and are sending them to Germany for inspection.

Thanks for the clarification, James. Your review is now on the correct product page.

James J

Lowa have inspected the shoes and say 'LOWA in Germany. They have analyzed the soles, the rubber compound is in order and the sole has the correct shore hardness for the rubber compound'. I will now post photos of the soles. One after 200 miles and the other after 10 miles.

Thanks for the pictures, James.