Lowa Tempest Lo

These are a nice, well constructed trail shoe requiring…

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I would keep these)

Summary

These are a nice, well constructed trail shoe requiring no break-in period. They are comfortable and do not require a break-in period.

Pros

• Nice construction
  • Solid shoe

Cons

• not for trail running

I used these boots for a 10-mile hike and found them to be immediately comfortable. The sole is very rigid, but on a rocky trail in the Sierras I did not feel a single rock and  found them to grip well on rock slabs.

A good, solid, low cut trail shoe.

I wore these shoes for a thru-hike on the Pacific…

Materials: Leather
Use: Anything Goes
Break-in Period: couple of days

I wore these shoes for a thru-hike on the Pacific Crest Trail. I went through two pairs in the 2500 mile hike, with 1700 miles on the second pair and I am still wearing them. They did me across miles and miles of snow, lava fields, mud, rain, and nice duff and didn't fail me. They are comfortable, and fit my "hard to fit" foot nicely. The break in period was minimal. They have the durability of a heavy weight hiking boot and the comfort of a day hiking shoe / trail runner.

My only complaint about the shoe is that the stitching went on the lower strip of toe leather at the bend in my foot. This happened on both pairs within 500 miles. However, I was able to have the shoes restitched by a cobbler for about $5, and neither pair had any other breakdown. Even my laces held for 1700 miles!

A Great shoe. I give them a 4.5 - 4.75.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Tempest Lo versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 5 reviews for other versions of the Tempest Lo. Read all reviews »

Visit Lowa's Tempest Lo page.

Lightweight construction, lateral stability, and an all-purpose Vibram outsole make the Lowa Women's Tempest Lo Hiking Shoe the multi-tool of hiking footwear.

CLOSEOUTS . A legendary design that handles mixed terrain while reducing strain on the foot, Lowa Tempest LO trail shoes have a Monowrapand#174; frame that improves stability without adding bulk or weight. Available Colors: BEIGE/BORDEAUX, DARK GREY/LIGHT GREY. Sizes: 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 5.5, 6.

- Sierra Trading Post

Comfortable and supportive, the women's Lowa Tempest Lo Hiking Shoes supply lightweight and nimble performance for day hikes or weekend backpacking trips.

Lowa Womens Tempest Lo Shoe - Closeout - LOWA's All Terrain Collection are perennial favorites for day hiking and short-haul, weekend backpacking because they're phenomonally comfortable, supportive and cushioned.Lightweight, nimble day hiker for dry climates and trails. Derby style lacing for a great, customized fit. Built on an exclusive LOWA women's last for optimal fit and comfort.

- Massey's Outfitters