Lowe Alpine Adrenaline Anorak

This jacket is awesome -- I cycled to work/ran/climbed/snowboarded/mountain…

Fabric: TriplePoint
Price Paid: GBP 90

This jacket is awesome -- I cycled to work/ran/climbed/snowboarded/mountain biked in mine for four years before the tape over the seam in the neck came loose. I then sent it to Lowe who replaced it free of charge. Needs reproofing every few months or so with intensive use, but with some TLC it will last you a very long time. Kudos to Lowe for their service as well as the product.

I got this wind/waterproof jacket as a lighter alternative…

Fabric: Triple Point
Price Paid: $53 (sale)

I got this wind/waterproof jacket as a lighter alternative to my heavier Gore-Tex Parka. It weighs only 10 oz, which is even lighter than most wind/water resistant jackets. There is an elastic drawcord with cordlock at the hem, and a small kangaroo pocket on front about 10x4 deep and taped at the bottom. The neck has a zipper with velcro type storm flap and nylon chin flap. The hood has a wire stiffener at the bill and a volume adjustment on back with elastic drawcords in front to keep it snug.

The seams are impressively taped and the cuffs are elastic but current models have adjustable cuffs, but that's not a problem considering I saved $40 dollars! The fabric is kinda thin, so I'd use some care not to puncture it on snags. So far the jacket has proved to be very breathable and useful and has reduced my pack weight by a pound!