Lowe Alpine AirZone Centro 30Z

Great access to main compartment; comfortable; adjustable.

Summary

Great access to main compartment; comfortable; adjustable. Keeps your back dry. Excellent for overnight trips

Pros

• Excellent zippers
  • Big main compartment with full access
  • Good for urban use too
  • Great for carrying my flyrod tube

Cons

• No pockets in bottom belt

I use the Airzone Centro for flyfishing: in Chile's Andean streams you have to walk a lot in rocky terrain, carry clothing, some food, fly boxes, etc. With this backpack you do not need a fishing vest.

The Airzone Centro has adjusting straps. I am male, 5'9", and fit is excellent. It has hip and chest belts (very light, no pockets).

The airzone system keeps the backpack separated from your back. This prevents perspiration to condense.

I have not put a lot of weight in it (I'd say 12 pounds). Harness is more focused in breathability than cushioning so I guess there are better backpacks if you want to carry weight.

Fabric is ripstop. Zippers are top notch and are covered with a rubberlike material.

On top it has a pocket for documents, phone, etc. I'd say its volume is about 16 fl oz

I also use this backpack for overnight trips to visit mining clients in northern Chile. I pack clothes for the next day, a safety helmet, leather gloves, 2 pairs of safety glasses and breathing mask, plus my personal gadgets.

The Airzone Centro has a bottom pocket containing a rain cover. I have never used it.

In summary I am very pleased with this backpack.

Lowe Alpine AirZone Centro 30Z

The Lowe Alpine AirZone Centro 30Z is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 9, 2011 at RockCreek.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.

DeLorme inReach SE Review