Lowe Alpine Mountain Cap GTX

I have two, a red and dark green one, both bought…

Fabric: Goretex type stuff (not actually Goretex though)
Fill: fleece lining
Price Paid: £9.50 & £14.99

I have two, a red and dark green one, both bought much reduced in sales. This is THE finest mountaineering hat on Earth.

I have worn mine all over Europe, Colorado, Washington State, Norway, New Zealand and more often in Scottish winter conditions than anywhere else. A superb piece of kit. Very warm, totally windproof, waterproof and a great fit, allowing unreduced vision, but still keeps ears and face warm.

The wired peak is ideal for keeping rain and snow off the face, and the peak can also be clipped up out of the way on a press stud above the forehead. The hat has tie loops on each side and in high winds I use an adjustable chin strap clipped on with tiny stainless steel karabiners. I take this off for most purposes.

The hat is extremely hardwearing and my wife and most of my friends wear them as they are pretty much de rigeur here in the UK. They should cost £30, but I NEVER EVER pay full price unless I have to!

Amazing cap. Water and wet snow don't stand a chance.

Fabric: Gortex Paclite
Fill: Aleutian fleece

Amazing cap. Water and wet snow don't stand a chance. Warm and so soft inside w/ L.A.'s Aleutian Fleece.

Breathes well. Packs down to nothing. With the fold down ear-flaps, you your noggin is fully-protected. It's thin enough to fit under my helmet! Highly adjustable.

This design is legendary in Europe. I couldn't be more satisfied...going to STP to buy more (cheap!) for the bride and kids!