Lowe Alpine Nanon ND 50:60

A rugged multiday/weekend pack. It weighs nothing,…

Summary

A rugged multiday/weekend pack. It weighs nothing, and held everything.

Pros

• Durable dyneema fabric
  • Custom fit

Cons

• Reservoir holder too small
  • Small bottom entry

I bought this pack initially because I needed one that I could use traveling across Europe, and I needed to practice what I preach: lightweight packing. This bag is perfect for the minimalist camper. It weighs nothing but holds everything.

I am a small lady. I don't like carrying a pack that weighs 10% of my body weight and then having to pack weight on top of that. This bag caught me right away, weighing in at a scant 2lbs 12oz.

The other reason I liked it was that it is a women's specific pack. Although many people claim that "women's specific design" items are a crock; if you are a small gal, it can sometimes hone in that fit you've been looking for — and for me it did just the trick. It felt great all over. I fit the torso length, and the hip belt was lightweight and not bulky at all. I never felt overheated in this bag either. Adjustment was extremely easy and can be done almost on the fly.

The volume of the bag was fantastic too, and I am now hooked on having an adjustable cap for my pack. This bag at its minimum will carry 50L; but, you can adjust the top cap of the pack and extend the height and load in even more goodies, making it a 60L. This is great for people who use it for travel and want to bring back souvenirs.

As a light packer, this fit more gear than I needed. But, when I overloaded the pack I could really feel why it was made to be ultralight - ouch. Lowe Alpine markets this bag as an ultralight and its weight capacity should not be more than 20-25lbs. So when I overloaded it, I wasn't upset that it was crushing my collarbones, I knew better.

The shoulder straps and hip belt are made light and narrow for maximum mobility, so when you throw weight into it, there is just not the padding and support there that a standard bag has. So if you're getting this pack, don't overload it. You'll be sore-ry.

I used this bag every day for two months in Europe and I was very happy with it. It is extremely clean with few buckles and straps and its easy to get through airports (not as carry on) and trains. Carrying around this bag, even in its overloaded state was really not all that cumbersome with its compression. I am still loving how neatly I can pack things. I've also taken it on climbing and camping trips over a year and it hasn't failed yet. (but there is a lifetime warranty!)

Dyneema is a great fabric. It is light, strong and practically waterproof. Any time I've been caught in rain in this pack, everything has stayed dry. Win.

I do and don't like the second entry of this bag. I liked it in that it was unconventional. I wasn't worried about someone knowing where my zippers were to steal my stuff. I disliked it on camping trips because I couldn't separate my things like other bags and I can't put my sleeping bag through that entry.

My other dislike was the pouch to hold your reservoir. It is not big enough. Width is okay, but my 3L bladder sat too high in the pack and the pocket was too short. It flopped.

Because this bag is so light, taking it overnight is great. I can pack everything I need without feeling like I am carrying a 5lb bag. When I compress it down, it looks and feels like a day bag.

I'd recommend this bag to a thru hiker, or someone who is obsessed with having ultralight gear. Just make sure you have an ultra small reservoir, because your standard one won't fit.

This bag is $270 new, but now that it is discontinued you could probably find it pretty cheap.

Visit Lowe Alpine's Nanon ND 50:60 page.

The Lowe Alpine Nanon ND 50:60 Backpack combines high volume, a women-specific design, and incredibly low weight for the most comfortable multi-day hiking trip possible.

The Lowe Alpine Nanon ND50:60 Backpack is designed for women and has a different carrying system ergonomically shaped to suit women's bodies. It includes a lightweight version of the Lowe Alpine AdaptiveFit hipbelt, 10 mm webbing, Airflow mesh in back panel, a large front compression pocket, top and side access, adjustable torso length, external lash points, hip belt pockets, extendable lid, ventilating harness, an SOS panel, and trekking pole grabbers.

- CampSaver.com

On Sale. Free Shipping. Lowe Alpine Nanon ND 50:60 Pack FEATURES of the Nanon ND 50:60 Pack by Lowe Alpine Super lightweight pack that still carries well Lightweight but durable Dyneema fabric body Lightweight ND Centro adjustable women's back for maximum comfort from a precise fit Lightweight version of AdaptiveFit hipbelt ensuring maximum comfort 10mm web reduces weight with no loss of function Airflow mesh in back panel reduces moisture build up Front compression pocket for wet gear or additional quick access items Extra external lashing points Large stretch side pockets Key clip Lid lash points SOS panel Secure internal lid pocket Unique walking pole tip grabbers for secure storage Reflective logos Hydration pocket Ventilating harness Hipbelt pockets Extendible lid SPECIFICATIONS: Volume: 50lt+10 lt extension=60 lt / 4000+600 cu in Weight: 1.26 kg. / 2 lb. 12 oz. Fabric: DYNEEMA Load Zone: 10-15 kg. / 22-33 lb.

Lightweight but durable Dyneema material. Centro adjust. AdaptiveFIt hipbelt. Airflow mesh reduces moisture. Front compression for wet/addition gear. External lash point, large stretch side pockets, key clip, SOS panel, internal lid pocket, tip grabber pole attachment, reflective logos, hydration compatible, ventilating harness, hipbelt pockets, extendible lid. Women's Specific

- Rocky Mountain Trail

Lowe Alpine Women's Nanon ND 50:60

The Lowe Alpine Women's Nanon ND 50:60 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 10, 2014 at Backcountry.com.