I have had this pack for about six years. I got it…

Design: Internal Frame
Size: ~4200 cubic inch -70 liters
Number of Pockets: One - top lid
Max. Load Carried: ~50#
Height of Owner: 5' 9"```
Price Paid: sale ~$80

I have had this pack for about six years. I got it on a long running sale through Campmor.

Have used it on a dozen trips both backpacking (3 day trip longest) and overnight ski trips.

I made one addition that has greatly increasd convenience. I purchased a large back pocket from REI and linked the pocket to the existing side compressor straps with the one inch side-relase buckles. Works as a shovel pocket and adds a convenience and some more capacity above the standard 70 liter capacity.

I have been quite satisfied with the "fit and finish" of this pack. Worked well while skiing too. However if you plan to hump big loads of climbing gear into an area, it would be smallish.

The suspension on the Outback is the "Paralux 3", very simple twin aluminum stays and no framesheet. Never the less it done well for me up to 50#, but much more would probably over tax it the suspension.

I had one other Lowe pack, one of the earlier "Expedition " models from back in the '70s and had good experience with it.

The Outback was a great buy that I have been very happy with. I have no plans to replace or upgrade.

Great pack! Taken it to Virginia, Colorado and a bazillion…

Design: Internal
Size: 4275
Number of Pockets: na
Max. Load Carried: 35-40 lbs
Height of Owner: 5 feet 4 and a half inches
Price Paid: $50 (from a friend)

Great pack! Taken it to Virginia, Colorado and a bazillion other places. Cheap but does the job. very good suspension and compression options. stays aren't that great but they are fine for a pack that I paid very little for. It is the only pack I have owned in 5 years of backpacking, and has not needed to be replaced yet. could be just a hair bigger.

This pack is great for the price and performance.

Design: Internal Frame backpack
Size: 4500
Number of Pockets: n/a
Max. Load Carried: 45/50 lbs.
Height of Owner: 5'10
Price Paid: $85 (on sale)

This pack is great for the price and performance. I've done my share of backpacking with it and it's really nice to fit and own. Inexpensive doesn't mean cheap with Lowe packs. Highly recommended for frugal college backpackers on a budget, like me.