Lowe Alpine TFX Cerro Torre 75+20

I bought this pack on a whim on Steep and Cheap. I…

Design: internal
Size: 75
Max. Load Carried: 35 lbs
Height of Owner: 6'

I bought this pack on a whim on Steep and Cheap. I normally would never buy a pack online without trying it on and testing it out at a store first, but the price suckered me into buying it blind.

I must say I am extremely impressed with the pack. I am coming from an external Jansport pack, so almost anything would have been an improvement, but this went beyond. It was the little things that really impressed me. The hiking pole attachments, the water bottle holder and the ability to top load or front load. The biggest thing for me was the included rain cover. On my last hike I was the only one with a rain cover made specifically for my pack and it really does make a big difference.

As for the fit, it took me until the last day to really get the sweet spot with the pack. You definitely need to play with all the settings until you get it right, but when you do, I could barely tell that I even had a pack on. At 160 lbs, 6' tall, I was in the medium range for the back plate.

The only reason this pack is missing the extra star for me is that I wish the top could be used as a belt day pack and the side pockets would be more usable for storage. The side pockets are pretty useless except to hold the rain fly and the mesh water bottle holder that pulls out. Finally there is no storage on the hip belt for the things that you might like quick access to like a camera, map. But the above head compartment does the job, just not as easily. A few extra equipment loops would be nice as well.

I used this pack for a 4 day in Rocky Mountain National Park in every type of weather, snow, rain, hail, etc. I was amazed by the quality. I didn't baby it at all and I can tell this thing will have years of abuse in it. Only bad thing was my ice axe sliced the back foam a little, but it was my fault.

Highly recommend!

The Lowe Alpine TFX Cerro Torre 75:95XL backpack is designed for those with waists of 34 inches / 86 cm and above. It features an internal U-frame. Raincover, 2 compartments with zip out divider, stretch water bottle pockets, hydration compatible, SOS panel, key clip, mitt friendly zip pulls, unique walking pole tip grabbers for secure storage, Noggin Notch TM for head clearance, pole and ice axes are clear of lower compartment allowing access, secure internal lid zipper pocket, removable GPS harness pocket, ski slots.

- CampSaver.com

CLOSEOUTS . Made for your next multi-day backcountry adventure, the Cerro Torre backpack from Lowe Alpine features the TFX 7 adjustable back system for optimum comfort while carrying heavy loads. TFX 7 adjustable back system for the perfect fit Torso motion hipbelt for superb stability Floating top lid Spindrift collar adds 20L of volume Sleeping bag compartment Ice axe/trekking pole loops Front entry to main compartment for easy access to gear Extendable and removable lid with lash points for extra gear Body-shaped harness with GPS pocket Durable sternum strap Two compartments with zip-out divider Rope compressor Mesh water bottle pockets Rain cover Hydration system compatible Water bottle pockets Internal frame with dual aluminum stays Waistbelt: Adjusts to 58 Fits torsos: 16-23 Dimensions (HxWxD): 36x15x10 Capacity: 5800 cu.in. Weight: 6 lb. 14 oz. Material: 330 denier Honeycomb ripstop nylon with 600 denier polyester and 1680 denier ballistic polyester Made in Vietnam. Visit our Backpack Guide

- Sierra Trading Post

Built tough for life in the mountains, the Lowe Alpine TFX Cerro Torre 75+20 Pack has the comfort and features you need to succeed on your next alpine outing. The contoured suspension system hugs the pack close to your body while the expandable volume helps you accommodate extra gear when moving your camp.

- Backcountry Outlet

Versatile mountain packs with TF x 7 adjustable back system to ensure a perfect fit. AirCooled back system, collar cut harness and hip belt. Chest strap for load stabilization. Two main compartments with zip-out divider. Top lid and panel access through front zipper. Attachment points on lid and shock cord on front. Two ice axe loop/trekking pole holders. Side compression system for improved stability. Hydration system pocket and drinking tube slot (hydration system not included). Internal compression straps for easy packing. Water bottle holder. Mesh side pockets. keyclip Detachable rain cover. Made NHC330/TXP600/TXN1000 Fits torso lengths 16-23". Size: n/a Wt. 6lbs. 14oz. Capacity 4600 + 5800 cu. in. (extended).

- Campmor

Lowe Alpine TFX Cerro Torre 75+20

The TFX Cerro Torre 75+20 has been discontinued.

The Lowe Alpine TFX Cerro Torre 75+20 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 19, 2013 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new expedition pack (4,500+ cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.