Lowe Alpine Vision 40

I bought this pack in Toronto (stores on King St.W.

Design: internal frame
Size: 2400
Number of Pockets: lid, front bellows
Max. Load Carried: 35 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'10
Price Paid: $46 US ($69 Cdn)

I bought this pack in Toronto (stores on King St.W. & Front St.) for the amazing price of $69 Cdn ($46 US). I recently used it for an ultralight winter trip, but most often it is used as a large daypack. Wife used it on Mt. Washington, N.H. for an ultralight week!

I love the back air-channel and the frame (single stay + framesheet are the best). Materials of heavy-duty rip-stop are about the strongest I've seen. Zipper have flourescent pull-tabs that are great in the tent at night. Top stabilizer strabs work well. Three pockets in lid are handy organizers. Not clutered with pockets, straps hanging off. No spindrift collar, but lid covers well/tightly.

This is a VERY well made pack, even at full ($100 US) price. Better quality than any pack in its class. And I researched the hell out of packs before I bought.

Seems bigger than the stated 40 liters (Explore Magazine Gear Guide says it is 47 liters). Much better than the MEC pack and Eureka 40 I had before. The best thing about this pack is the bombproof way it was sewn (apparently still by hand). Great attention to detail. Don't anticipate any probs...ever.

The bellows pocket fits my 2 liter platy hydration, the pole pockets fit my Bivy poles, and tekking poles perfectly. I bent the stay and it fits perfectly. The pack weighs about 3.5 lbs (due to kick-ass frame) but can carry enough for a week. I need it up to about 25lbs, but it can handle 35lbs with aplomb. 1999 Pumpkin color is great

I've had this pack for about 6 years and have absolutely…

Design: Top-Loading
Size: 40 liters
Number of Pockets: 2
Max. Load Carried: 40 lbs.
Height of Owner: 5' 11"

I've had this pack for about 6 years and have absolutely loved it. This thing has gone with me to the summits of Orizaba, the Grand Teton, Timponogos (multiple winter ascents), and many others. It's a little tight for overnight use, but it carries all of the backcountry essentials plus necessary climbing gear (e.g. ropes, crampons, axes, rock protection, etc.).

It's very comfortable and rides well. I don't know if they even make these anymore, but you'd be hard pressed to find a better mid-sized frame pack for this price.

Very nice daypack with a lot of capacity and a comfortable…

Design: Top loading daypack
Size: 2400 cu.in.
Number of Pockets: 1 back pocket plus 2 side mesh pouches
Max. Load Carried: 25 lbs.
Height of Owner: 5'9"

Very nice daypack with a lot of capacity and a comfortable suspension that is designed to carry a lot of weight. I use it mostly for desert hiking, which it seems to be designed for.

Minus point: not sure what the mesh side pouches were designed for. I use them to hold a water bottle occasionally, but the bottle isn't all that secure there.

If you've owned or used a Lowe Alpine Vision 40, please share your experience.

Lowe Alpine Vision 40

The Vision 40 has been discontinued.

The Lowe Alpine Vision 40 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 25, 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.