Mad River Adventure 14

Stable, comfortable, durable, but heavy canoe. I bought…

Source: bought it used

Summary

Stable, comfortable, durable, but heavy canoe.

Pros

• Comfortable backrests
  • Cupholders!
  • Stable

Cons

• Heavy

I bought this canoe on craigslist. It's my first canoe and I bought it so the dog, girlfriend, and I could do some paddling trips. It has served that purpose well, and is great for fly fishing on ponds, as it is stable enough for me to stand up and cast around (little shakey at first). It also handles my dog's excitement over nearby ducks without a flinch.

The back rests are comfortable and fold flat and secure for transport.

The boat carries weight very well and paddles easily.

Cup holders are a nice feature, gotta have a few microbrews on a canoe trip. Fast and light no longer applies :)

The material and hull design are very much like a plastic tandem kayak, this thing is very durable and surprisingly efficient in the water.

The canoe is a little heavy, which makes loading it a little difficult. I don't have a hard time loading it myself but there's no way my 5'0" girlfriend could get this thing on my truck's rack alone (she loads kayaks alone all the time).

For what I payed for it ($300 hardly used), I am very happy with this canoe.

If you've owned or used a Mad River Adventure 14, please share your experience.