Mad River Adventure 14

A GREAT canoe for not only mornings fishing, but for…

Source: A friend's

Summary

A GREAT canoe for not only mornings fishing, but for the more die-hard paddling adventurer looking to get away from the busy life of society and venturing into the land of mountain air, soaring eagles, and trout the size of small children!

Pros

• VERSATILE!!!!
  • Easy to transport
  • Plenty of room for multi-day trips down river

Cons

• Heavy
  • Hard to carry if soloing

I have used this particular canoe on multiple occasions both fishing hidden coves in nearby lakes to extended river trips with friends.

The first thing I noticed once I sat in the canoe was how comfortable and stable it felt as I situated myself for a 20-mile trip down river. Never was I concerned with the fear of tipping it over while positioning myself in rapids or reaching for my water bottle.

With plenty of cargo space, useful gear anchoring points and a design intended for smooth paddling myself and a buddy of mine comfortably set off on a 4-day canoe trip through a national forest. The trip was an excellent test of just how useful this vessel can be on serious water. We were pleasantly surprised at how stable it was landing on shore for camp, and how simple it was to portage on trails with our packs on our backs.

I grew up in old school aluminum canoes and I also own a Coleman Scanoe which I LOVE when it comes to hunting and serious gear hauling expeditions, but for an all around sturdy workhorse that will take me into the great outdoors away from cell phones, reality t.v. and busy work schedules the Mad River Adventure 14 takes the cake! Any paddling enthusiast would be mistaken not to try this sweet ride out.

Stable, comfortable, durable, but heavy canoe. I bought…

Source: bought it used

Summary

Stable, comfortable, durable, but heavy canoe.

Pros

• Comfortable backrests
  • Cupholders!
  • Stable

Cons

• Heavy

I bought this canoe on craigslist. It's my first canoe and I bought it so the dog, girlfriend, and I could do some paddling trips. It has served that purpose well, and is great for fly fishing on ponds, as it is stable enough for me to stand up and cast around (little shakey at first). It also handles my dog's excitement over nearby ducks without a flinch.

The back rests are comfortable and fold flat and secure for transport.

The boat carries weight very well and paddles easily.

Cup holders are a nice feature, gotta have a few microbrews on a canoe trip. Fast and light no longer applies :)

The material and hull design are very much like a plastic tandem kayak, this thing is very durable and surprisingly efficient in the water.

The canoe is a little heavy, which makes loading it a little difficult. I don't have a hard time loading it myself but there's no way my 5'0" girlfriend could get this thing on my truck's rack alone (she loads kayaks alone all the time).

For what I payed for it ($300 hardly used), I am very happy with this canoe.

Mad River Adventure 14 provides stable paddling performance for both the entry-level paddler and those looking for a reliable family canoe.

Asymmetrical HullShallow Arch HullSlightly Rockered Standard OutfittingMolded seatsCenter seat6 cupholders3 gear traysPadded seatsAdjustable padded backrests2 mesh pocketsPadded carry handles SpecificationsWeight: 75 lbs / 34 kgCapacity: 875 lbs / 397 kgLength: 14' / 427 cmWidth (Gunwale): 33 / 84 cmWidth (4 Waterline): 34 / 86 cmWidth (Maximum): 37 / 94 cmDepth (Center): 14.5 / 37 cmDepth (Bow): 21 / 53 cmDepth (Stern): 18 / 46 cmRocker (Bow): 1 / 3 cmRocker (Stern): 0.5 / 1 cm

- River Sports Outfitters

The Five Ten Anasazi VCS V2 now features Stealth(R) Onyxx(TM) rubber for the hardest, stickiest, most durable sole in the world. This is the highest-end performance shoe for sport climbing and hard bouldering, and is the future of climbing. The VCS and Lace-Up Anasazi climbing shoes by Five Ten are the top selling performance rock shoes in Europe. The VCS offers more sensitivity for pulling on holds on steep rock--a powerful tool for extreme sport climbing. This is a second-generation Anasazi known as the "V2," and if you're familiar with the originals, prepare to be amazed. Although the Anasazi V1 (formerly known as the Anasazi Velcro) from Five Ten led the high-performance shoe category for years, new technology has allowed them to make it even better. The V2's have new Stealth(R) Onyxx(TM) rubber, with 25 percent more friction and twice the durability of other rubbers. The Anasazi VCS and lace ups also have Five Ten's new Happy Fingers heel, with more comfort and security than ever. Designed by Charles Cole. Test team includes Evo, Jibe, Chris Miller, Mario Lacedelli, Michi Weiser and Noah Bigwood.

- RockCreek