Mad Rock ConTact

awesome all around shoe for me. i have a high volume…

awesome all around shoe for me.

i have a high volume foot (wide foot) and the shoe fits snug with no gaps in the front of the shoe near the toe box and in the heel.

the power upper portion of it provides the comfort i want and i don't have to take the shoe off after each problem attempt/send. the best way to describe it would be it's the most comfortable..uncomfortable shoe i've worn. if that makes any sense to you.

edging is nice and the rubber is super soft which give me the sensitivity i like so much.

the only thing that leaves me wanting is the Velcro strap near the top of the shoe. it does the trick but i feel like i want something more substantial there.

I am impressed with the performance of this shoe.

Materials: Stickiest Rock Shoe Rubber
Use: climbing, sport climbing, bouldering, crack climbing
Break-in Period: No break in required.
Weight: n/a, very light

I am impressed with the performance of this shoe. At first I was skeptical about the dual density rubber on the sole, but I have come to realize the benefits of this technology not only face climbing, but in cracks. The shoe is very sensitive like a slipper should be and manages to be precise at the same time due to the aggressive toe configuration.

I would recommend this shoe for sport climbing and bouldering with a tight fit and as an all-arounder with a snug fit. Try the ConTact. You won't be disappointed.

If you've owned or used a Mad Rock ConTact, please share your experience.

Mad Rock ConTact

The Mad Rock ConTact is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 14, 2013 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new climbing shoe, check out the best reviewed current models.

Weight 235 g (Size 9)