Mad Rock Mugen

These were my first pair of climbing shoes...from…

Materials: synthetic
Price Paid: $80 bucks!

These were my first pair of climbing shoes...from the moment I opened the box, the crisp clean smell of new shoes hit my nose... originally I thought I purchased the shoes too small. I got them in my street size (10) and my toes were curled back, after further research I've learned this is ok with with climbing shoes. They were super sticky but I've gone an worn a hole completely through them (my fault) but I do feel the rubber did give away a little fast. I am considering possibly purchasing another pair since they did feel so great. but I will likely resole them another brands rubber....all in all a great first shoe, doesn't stretch very much...enjoy!

New Mugen... where to start... I opened that package,…

Use: Outside bouldering, Gym use
Break-in Period: one week or more, stuff clothing down inside to soften up.
Weight: about 2 or so pounds

New Mugen... where to start... I opened that package, and that new shoe smell flooded my senses... never get tired of it.

Then comes the sight... the look, rad in design, and sure to catch a few glances. Bright White, with its red logo, strikes you. The ergonomics of it are definitely different than your average shoe, with the new heel design, and pointed toe.

The dual density sole is a godsend in my case. The tight, lip makes for great stability on Jibs, and the softer inside still gives you some feel of the rock. Velcro stays on like pro, and doesn't rub off on the wall or rocks, and the mid section of the shoe with it's overlapping design will fit anyone's top foot.

That said, the toe and heel take getting used to. These shoes are smaller than most you've climbed in by about a half a size. I'd try them on before buying to make sure you've got the right size.

Overall, the rubber sticks very well, albeit it comes off on the wall a little easier than I would of liked.

If you want style and flair, you've got it, performance is par with most other shoes, and the innovations of the dual Rand, heel hook, lined inside... are either a love 'em or hate 'em.

The design of the Mugen was founded on the need for climbing with no limits.

- GearX.com

Mad Rock created their Mugen Climbing Shoes to give you an edge on the most technical sport routes and boulder problems around. The Mugen Climbing Shoes' synthetic uppers provide a precise fit right out of the box without a painful break-in period. Cinch down the rubber-reinforced hook-and-loop straps, and put their dual-density Mad Rubber soles to the test on your project. Once you're done crossing it out of the guidebook, you'll be a believer in these precision Mad Rock climbing shoes.

- Backcountry Outlet

The Mugen by Mad Rock is the perfect combination of performance, fit and durability and with our new design, it's making a big splash with sport climbers. Designed with upgraded synthetic upper and lining to give the shoe a trusted feel and fit on your foot with just enough give for comfort and flexibility. Built with Mad Rock's dual density sole and tenacious hooker heel cup, this shoe is designed to perform on trad, sport, gym and bouldering.Edges on the most minute flake. Rubberized dual strap closures allow you quick entry and exit and give you more friction in the cracks. The synthetic padded tongue keeps you well secured and cool all day. The Mugen is made entirely of Mad Rubber and natural and produced fibers, making this shoe completely vegan friendly.Mugen Specifications:Sole: 5.3mm Mad Rubber Formula #5Heel Cup: 3-D molded Hooker heel with descent tread, Mad Rubber Formula #3Rand: 2.2mm Mad Rubber Formula #4Midsole: 1mm compressed fiber midsoleUpper: 2.0mm TekFlex synthetic upper with Mad rubber toe patchConstruction: Double stiched, seamless binding, padded tongueEntry/Closure: Dual external directional pull tabs with dual TPR rubber coated Powerlock closure straps

- Mountain Hideaway

CLOSEOUTS. Mad Rock Mugen climbing shoes provide an edge on tough technical climbs and challenging boulder problems, with perfect fit from the moment they arrive. High-traction outsole and toe, thanks to unique Science FX5 Friction materials. Hemp lining Designed to work on trad, bouldering, sport and gym climbs Breathable synthetic upper with touch-fasten straps Rubber toe rand for protection Padded tongue holds foot securely Heel pull loop 3D midsole Rubber toe and heel pads Weight: 1 lb. 2 oz. pr. Medium width CLOSEOUTS. China. Size: 4 (W 5 , M 4) 4 (W 6, M 4 ) 5 (W 6 , M 5) 5 (W 7, M 5 ) 6 (W 7 , M 6) 6 (W 8, M 6 ) 7 (W 8 , M 7) 7 (W 9, M 7 ) 8 (W 9 , M 8) 9 (W 11, M 9 ) 10 (W 11 , M 10) 10 (W 12, M 10 ) 11 (W 12 , M 11) 11 (W 13, M 11 ) 12 (W 13 , M 12) 12 (W 14, M 12 ) 13 (W 14 , M 13) 14 (W 15 , M 14) 15 (W 16 , M 15) Visit our Shoe Sizing Guide

- Sierra Trading Post

Free Shipping. Mad Rock Mugen Shoe (Spring 2008) The Mugen Shoe by Mad Rock is the perfect combination of performance, fit and durability and with our new design, it s making a big splash with sport climbers. We ve upgraded the synthetic upper and lining to give the shoe a trusted feel and fit on your foot with just enough give for comfort and flexibility. Built with our dual density sole and tenacious hooker heel cup, this shoe is designed to perform on trad, sport, gym and bouldering. Edges on the minutest flake. Rubberized dual strap closures allow you quick entry and exit and give you more friction in the cracks. The synthetic padded tongue keeps you well secured and cool all day. The Mugen is made entirely of Mad Rubber and natural and produced fibers, making this shoe completely vegan friendly.

Mad Rock Mugen

The Mugen has been discontinued.

The Mad Rock Mugen is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 10, 2010 at GearX.com.

If you're looking for a new climbing shoe, check out the best reviewed current models.