the best pack I have ever owned. carries better than…

Design: Internal
Size: 5900-6700
Number of Pockets: 4
Max. Load Carried: 55 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'10"
Price Paid: $80 (retail $380)

the best pack I have ever owned. carries better than Dana, Gregory or Mountainsmith (all of which I have owned over the years). 1000 denier Cordura throughout, the best stitching I have ever seen and a fixed suspension (make sure that it fits). It has a single aluminum stay, an HDPE framesheet and 2 hooped delrin rods (upper and lower). The sleeping bag compartment opens like an oven door and holds my winter bag, extra layers, and shell.

I live in Michigan and use it for winter camping. It rocks! I literally forget that I am actually wearing the thing it is so comfortable. the key is to remove the aluminum stay and shape it to your back. the top lid comes off and can be used as a fanny pack with the waist belt. this is the most comfortable fanny pack out there (complete with side adjustment straps to snug it into your lower back). Finally, the price. I got it on ebay for $80! from a backpacking specialty store that was clearing out its old stock. It was about 4 years old, but had never been used. I think the current model (Condor or Mountaineer) retails for about $425. If you can find one and have the money I highly recommend it. I plan to have mine for the rest of my life. Check out maddenusa.com for the current line.