Magellan (Academy Sports) Blue Stone

I have a Blue Stone and I camp often. I have camped…

I have a Blue Stone and I camp often. I have camped in heavy rain and never worried about getting wet or wind problems.

IF YOU CAMP YOU NEED TO SPRAY YOUR TENT.

It is an excellent buy.

I have been camping for years and recently tried Magellan…

Design: family cabin with screen
Sleeps: 6+
Ease of Setup: no quick pitch here, at least 2 man job 30 mins.
Weight: 20 lbs

I have been camping for years and recently tried Magellan tents for the first time. NEVER AGAIN. I have owned two different styles and returned both.

The Blue Stone model could not handle a Texas Hill Country storm. It was a decent storm with a good amount of rain and high winds. It leaked horribly (my main complaint against the Magellan). The screen frame pole splintered and the canvas ripped. The rain guard was also difficult to keep strapped in place despite tie downs and pole straps.

When you have to wear a poncho in your tent to keep dry, you have to ask yourself "Why did I pay good money for this?"

Only positive that I can give this tent is that it's tall enough to stand with plenty of room.

Just bought the Blue Stone, putting it up by myself…

Price Paid: clearance $79.99

Just bought the Blue Stone, putting it up by myself was easy enough, didn't like the rain cover, didn't seem to fit right (not enough fabric to cover everything it needed to), the screen porch fiberglass pole splintered with the Oklahoma wind, was not happy with that, liked the head room and spaciousness, liked the screen porch.

If you've owned or used a Magellan (Academy Sports) Blue Stone, please share your experience.

Magellan (Academy Sports) Blue Stone

The Magellan (Academy Sports) Blue Stone is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new tent/shelter, check out the best reviewed current models.