Magellan CrossoverGPS

If you can get one, go buy one. I have used my Magellan…

Price Paid: Birthday Present

If you can get one, go buy one. I have used my Magellan 2500T CrossoverGPS "everyday" since I received it. I have nothing but high marks to give on this unit. I had mine mounted and up and running 5 minutes out of the box. Directions are easy to read and understand. Data input is easy from address to PIO's ie. bank. I had a chance to use this feature while looking for a BOA (Bank of America) which you must spell out. The unit told me I had one 0.8 miles in back of me and 1.7 miles in front of me. Chose the 0.8 miles in back. It guided me to a legal U-turn, and sure enough past the light on the left was my BOA.

I am anxiously awaiting the addition of the SD Card update for Topo Maps or a source where I can get Topo Maps to use on my Magellan. If anybody reading this does come across a site please e-mail me and let me know. Thank you and enjoy your Magellan as much as I do.

Now, you can own a GPS with advanced vehicle navigation and outdoor GPS routing capabilities in the world's first pocket-sized CrossoverGPS. Simple touch-screen menus make it easy to select virtually any destination and get turn-by-turn voice and visual guidance while on the road. Or you can take it on your Saturday hike, mark waypoints along the way and save the route to go again next weekend. Detailed built-in street maps of North America and light topographic maps of the 48 contiguous United States mean you'll never be lost. Add optional detailed regional MapSend Topo?? topographic maps, MapSend BlueNav marine charts or MapSend Lakes charts via Secure Digital memory cards and navigate your outdoor adventures. The best-in-class battery offers up to 8 hours of use so you can navigate, search points of interest, plan trips, listen to music and view pictures from wherever you are. Advanced auto navigation features include multi-destination routing, SmartDetour to route you around slow freeway traffic and SayWhere text-to-speech, which tells you both where to turn and the name of the street to turn on. The sleek, rugged, and waterproof to IPX-4 design makes it easy to take it with you wherever your adventure takes you. The included Sport Guard provides added armor to enhance the Magellan CrossoverGPS' rugged endurance during outdoor use. The slip-resistant protection and built in lanyard hook make it easy to tackle the great outdoors. Size: 3.4" H x 4.3" W x 1.1" D Weight: 8.5 oz. with Sport Guard 9.4 oz. Display: 3.5" color touch screen display, 2.11" x 2.81" (53.6mm x 71.5mm) Memory: 4 GB hard drive pre-loaded with maps of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and topographic maps of the 48 contiguous states.

- Campmor

An in-car auto navigation GPS that is small enough to be taken out on the trail. The waterproof CrossoverGPS from Magellan features simple touch-screen menus and turn-by-turn voice guidance. Pocket-sized & Lightweight - Easily transfer between vehicles, pack it for a flight or carry it in your pocket (4.3" x 3.4" x 1.1") and 7.8 oz. Pre-loaded with detailed street maps of 50 United States, Canada and Puerto Rico and topographic coverage of the 48 contiguous United States. Turn-by-turn voice and visual guidance; BE THERE quickly and safely. SmartDetour - Automatically routes you around sudden slow freeway traffic using your own custom settings. Digital Music Player - Play your favorite music through the integrated speaker or your own headphones. Photo Viewer; view your vacation pictures while you're still on vacation. Auto re-route; never miss a turn and quickly get back on track whenever you take a detour; select up to 20 destinations. SD card compatible - Insert outdoor maps, MapSend BlueNav marine maps, music and pictures.

- EMS

Magellan CrossoverGPS

The Magellan CrossoverGPS is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 11, 2008 at Campmor.

If you're looking for a new gps receiver, check out the best reviewed current models.