I used this GPS to get me back to our vehicle after…

Source: borrowed it

Summary

I used this GPS to get me back to our vehicle after a few hours of snowmobilling through km's of trails.

Pros

• Rugged

Cons

• Battery strength

I would recomend these explorist series to anyone who goes hiking, snomibile, dirt bikes through trails, paths. It is always possible to get lost and I feel safe with a gps to always get me back to my camp.

They are easy to use, require minimal training. They are rugged, weather resistant. I used one that I had borrowed from a friend and found it very useful.

This is the first GPSR we bought for geocaching. This…

Summary

This is the first GPSR we bought for geocaching.

Pros

• easy to use
  • great for geocaching

Cons

• screen could be larger

This unit has been very reliable and easy to use. The battery life is better than expected when standard batteries are used. The screen is easy to read in daylight and easy to understand and maneuver the different pages. Tech support is friendly and reliable.

Magellan eXplorist 310

The Magellan eXplorist 310 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 22, 2016 at Backcountry.com.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Tepui Expedition Series Gear Bag Review