Magellan eXplorist XL

This is the big daddy. Screen is SO big and color…

Price Paid: Approx $400

This is the big daddy. Screen is SO big and color is great. I use it exclusively for Geocaching. For hiking the 12+oz., is too much. I am looking at the Magellan Triton 400 for hiking.

This unit is easy to hook to computer and load it up with geocaches and maps. Now-a-days it would be a good buy.

I have owned GPS units for 10 plus years and use them…

Price Paid: $375 less rebate

I have owned GPS units for 10 plus years and use them exclusively. My eXplorist XL is by far the most superior unit I have ever experienced or field tested. It has performed flawlessly. I advanced my capacity with Magellan MapSend Software and my receiver does everything Magellan said it would. The details are endless and the accuracy is a 10 +++. I truely enjoy this unit and WILL trust my survival completely in the outdoor world with this unit. Also I have read a lot of reviews about Magellan support and only wanted to comment, I needed to be educated about some products and they graciously answered everthing very professionally.

Sincerely Appreciative

Michael L Larkins

If you've owned or used a Magellan eXplorist XL, please share your experience.

Magellan eXplorist XL

The Magellan eXplorist XL is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 3, 2007 at REI.

If you're looking for a new gps receiver, check out the best reviewed current models.