Magellan Meridian Color

I really like the hardware, sturdy, water resistant,…

I really like the hardware, sturdy, water resistant, nice color screen and the views are clear and readable.

The map software, specifically MapSend Topo, leaves much to be desired. The data is inaccurate, and useful only for car navigation. I found the map data at times to be as much as 1/4 mile off.

Even with the highway data, I find myself "off-roading" while travelling down the interstate.

I also found the altimeter readings to be inaccurate, give readings of up to 100' elevation while my feet were in the Pacific Ocean.

Their customer support is also virtually non-responsive.

I have been asking about software updates for over two years, but do not even receive replies from my queries.

Unfortunately, I am stuck with it for now.

If you've owned or used a Magellan Meridian Color, please share your experience.

Magellan Meridian Color

The Magellan Meridian Color is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 3, 2007 at REI.

If you're looking for a new gps receiver, check out the best reviewed current models.