Maglite LED XL50

This flashlight put all my other flashlights to shame.

This flashlight put all my other flashlights to shame. I always prefer a headlamp for backpacking, but I always bring a small backup in case the headlamp dies.

I brought this on my recent outing. It is AMAZINGLY bright, and shines long distances compared to my headlamp.

It seems pricey at $30, but well worth it. Lightweight, durable. Picked it up at wal^mart.

aoaltunel

I have the XL200, supposedly bigger and more powerful one, but as for brightness, I saw much better comparably sized and affordable tactical flashlights than these.

The pocket-size MagLite XL50 LED flashlight is cinch to use and it gives you a bright beam for everyday adventures and journeys into the hills. LED outputs 104 lumens and throws light up to 145m; beam can be adjusted from spot to flood depending on your needs. Turn the light on with the push-button tailcap switch; 1 quick click turns the light on high, 2 quick clicks turns the light on low and 3 quick clicks turns on the strobe. 3 AAA alkaline batteries (included) provide up to 36 hrs. of use on low and 8 hrs. 45 min. on high. Anodized aluminum body stands up to regular use. The MagLite XL50 LED flashlight weighs just 3.7 oz. with batteries.

A revolutionary breakthrough in flashlight technology. Designed for optimum light output, the new Maglite XL 50 LED flashlight delivers user-friendly, performance oriented features in a sleek, tactical design. Engineered from the ground up, this advanced lighting instrument is driven by the next generation of MAG-LED technology. The XL 50 Maglite flashlight features a rear push-button tail capswitch coupled with three selectable modes. 3 AAA. Water resistant. Max Lumens: 83. Length: 4.8". Wt: 3.7 oz.

- Altrec Outdoors

Maglite LED XL50

The Maglite LED XL50 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 23, 2014 at REI.

If you're looking for a new flashlight, check out the best reviewed current models.